[Discussion] Sony TV (2015 model) Android Marshmallow update

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 2 October 2017, 9:40PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Please feel free to discuss the latest software update PKG3865 for the 2015 Sony TV range in this thread.

Comments

• Alex8Alex8 Posts: 1Member
    edited 1 July 2017, 11:18PM
    Since I updated our 2015 4K Bravia with the marshmallow update the TV has crashed and rebooted by itself five times in a week. It has never done this during the year we owned it before updating. Anyone recognize this issue?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    edited 9 May 2017, 4:03PM
    Alex8 said:

Since I updated our 2015 4K Bravia with the marshmallow update the TV has crashed and rebooted by itself five times in a week. It has never done this during the year we owned it before updating. Anyone recognize this issue?

Hey there Alex,

If you don't mind, can you please email your contact details to [email protected] so we can get someone to give you a ring about this? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • PetteriPetteri Posts: 2Member
    edited 9 May 2017, 8:27PM
    Alex8 said:

Hi, I have model KDL-55W809C and now PKG3865 update was run to my Sony couple of days ago. It has jammed about 5 times (none of remote control buttons works, only shutdown button works). Once I had to take unplug device to get it up again. When playing recorded program from HD, menus(pause, rewind..) did not disappear..I needed to shutdown and start playing record again. This PKG3.865.0136EUA  is very unstable update..hoping to get old stable version back or service pack updates this version, now this version is pretty much useless.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    edited 10 May 2017, 9:32AM
    Alex8 said:

Hi Petteri, 

Can you please email us at [email protected] with your contact details so we can arrange for someone to give you a call about this issue?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • DJHB1980DJHB1980 Posts: 129Member
    edited 10 May 2017, 1:28PM
    I want the Nougat update & YouView recording when updating comes next.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    edited 10 May 2017, 2:40PM
    As far as I know YouView is in stasis on these TVs, and the last few updates have been Sony-driven.

I suppose there may be YouView tweaks in each update to ensure continued compatibility with them; but I think further development of YouView functionality on these TVs is a dead duck :-(
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 May 2017, 6:47AM
    I agree. What we have now is what we have now.
    In regard to Petteri, above, he is not in the UK and so nor does he use YouView. 
  • PetteriPetteri Posts: 2Member
    edited 17 May 2017, 2:56PM
    Visionman said:

In regard to Petteri, above, he is not in the UK and so nor does he use YouView. 

Yes, YouView is not supported in my country. These problems are Marsmellow update general problems, not YouView problems, so this discussion group is wrong place to these..   
    edited 11 May 2017, 6:47AM
    Visionman said:

Ah, glad you realise that now.

Try:-

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/andro...

Where you will find you are far from alone. Still.
  • QuinnicusQuinnicus Posts: 48Member
    edited 13 May 2017, 12:31AM
    Alex8 said:

Hi Guys (VM and Roy) -

Is there a way that I can get the direct URL for Alex's post?  As I want to link it to this thread on the Sony Forums:
    https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bug-random-restarts-after-updating-to-6-0-1-v6-1004/m-p/2...

Im trying to gather as much evidence as possible of 'spontanious rebooting'

Alex - Have you tried a factory reset firstly?  Instructions HERE

Thank you
    edited 13 May 2017, 12:41AM
    Alex8 said:

YES, In the top left hand corner of any post is its time stamp. Right click it and the select 'Copy link address'. You will now have a link to the direct post on a thread, and not the overall thread itself.
    edited 13 May 2017, 12:41AM
    Alex8 said:

Excellent - Thanks VM !
    edited 13 May 2017, 12:44AM
    Alex8 said:

Sorry, top right hand corner.
    edited 13 May 2017, 12:53AM
    Alex8 said:

I figured it out, when you mentioned the time stamp :D   hehe
    edited 13 May 2017, 8:41AM
    Alex8 said:

Hey..... Something NotSat is good at!
    Dear YouView and resident Experts:

Issue with All4: Upon reaching the first set of adverts, the TV show that you are currently playing restarts back to the begining. 

One person states that this happens with ITV Player as well, but unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue.

It is claimed that this only started since the Marshmallow update on the TVs, however I cannot verify that claim.

I am unsure if this is only an issue on Sony TVs with YouView enabled, or have you had other reports on this?  A quick search and I cannot find similar recent instances.  Either way, a heads up and i'll log a fault with Sony for them to liase with whom-ever necessary (i.e. All4, YouView etc)

Thread on Sony Forums:
    https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/all4-plays-episode-then-restarts-from-beginning-after/m-p...

Cheers
    edited 14 May 2017, 1:03AM
    Are there any experts on here? Oh yeah, YOU. :)
    And most welcome you are too. ;)
    LOL, thanks VM :) 

DIdnt know what to call you guys - YouView Experts or Super Users.... 50/50 guess ! 
    edited 14 May 2017, 10:26AM
    Just users.
    I had that issue with the All4 Player last year on Amazon Fire devices, and the Amazon feedback was full of complaints about it.

It seems to be OK now, there, but it seems like there is a structural weakness when All4 returns from the adverts, which come from a different source than the programme content does.
    edited 14 May 2017, 10:27AM
    Roy1 said:

I had that issue with the All4 Player last year on Amazon Fire devices, and the Amazon feedback was full of complaints about it.

It seems to be OK now, there, but it seems like there is a structural weakness when All4 returns from the adverts, which come from a different source than the programme content does.

Thanks Roy
    edited 14 May 2017, 10:49AM
    Roy1 said:

Just tested an All4 catchup programme on my YouView box, a T2000 on 27.50.0, and it had no problem getting past the first set of adverts.
    edited 14 May 2017, 1:48PM
    Roy1 said:

I've had Marshmallow for 2 mths with no issues to report. In fact, this is the first update I've had whereby I didn't need to reboot the TV after downloading.
    edited 14 May 2017, 5:09PM
    Roy1 said:

I've just tested ALL4 (Goggle Box) on my Sony with no issues to report. However, I am disappointed to say the adverts played out at twice the quality of the content.
    Its annoying when they do that.
    edited 14 May 2017, 3:24PM
    Roy1 said:

How else are they going to AirRam the Gtech down your throat? :-)
    edited 14 May 2017, 3:30PM
    Roy1 said:

http://www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/airram-vacuum-cleaner.html?gclid=CNTmpIPM79MCFcO17Qo...

Other good makes of vacuum cleaners available. 
    edited 15 May 2017, 10:59AM
    Roy1 said:

I put my vacuum cleaner on eBay - well, it was just gathering dust...

(with a nod to Tim Vine)
    edited 15 May 2017, 11:03AM
    Roy1 said:

Thank you VM and Roy for testing on various ways.  Much appreciated.  Interesting observation VM in regards to the quality of the ads.  Wonder if its just a perception or whether there is something to that :)
    edited 14 May 2017, 5:11PM
    Roy1 said:

Thank you VM and Roy for testing on various ways.  Much appreciated.  Interesting observation VM in regards to the quality of the ads.  Wonder if its just a perception or whether there is something to that :)
    edited 14 May 2017, 7:29PM
    Roy1 said:

"perception".
    I wondered that too, as beauty is in the eye, and all that. 
    Until the second advert hit me in near 4K. And the graphics too.