Welcome to our new Forum Community Manager

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
edited September 2017 in Announcements
Hi everyone, 

We are very excited to introduce Sarah to the team who will be our new Community Manager. Sarah will be helping out day-to-day with all viewer queries, feedback and general house-keeping on the forum.

Sarah will be stepping into Sanj's shoes to help out and make sure the forum continues to be a great place for feedback and discussion.

Sarah is raring to go, so please give her a warm welcome.  

Phil

Comments

  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Is sanj leaving or will there be two now?
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,774 admin
    edited April 2017
    Hey everyone,

    My name is Sarah and I will be managing the online community here at YouView. I’ll be around to help with any queries or issues you encounter, update/create help articles and also track forum posts and pass on your feedback back to the relevant teams to further improve the product and service. I’ll be monitoring the threads and posts on this forum however if there’s something which you want me to check or keep an eye on, feel free to email us and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

    As a bit of background from me, I have been in the community management and support field for a few years, starting off with forum/social media based community groups for games before moving on to doing community management for a mobile telecoms company and then onto player support for a competitive gaming company. Things which are gaming, baking, sewing, movie, dogs and tea related are all good in my books! 

  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sanj is a tough act to follow having given almost 4 years of great service to this community.

    Best wishes to Sarah in the Community Manager role, and good luck to Sanj in his new position and with new challenges elsewhere within YouView :)
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sarah2 said:

    Hey everyone,

    My name is Sarah and I will be managing the online community here at YouView. I’ll be around to help with any queries or issues you encounter, update/create help articles and also track forum posts and pass on your feedback back to the relevant teams to further improve the product and service. I’ll be monitoring the threads and posts on this forum however if there’s something which you want me to check or keep an eye on, feel free to email us and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

    As a bit of background from me, I have been in the community management and support field for a few years, starting off with forum/social media based community groups for games before moving on to doing community management for a mobile telecoms company and then onto player support for a competitive gaming company. Things which are gaming, baking, sewing, movie, dogs and tea related are all good in my books! 

    image
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

    Welcome Sarah and best wishes Sanj.

    There is nothing like being dropped head first into the deep end :-)

  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,774 admin
    edited April 2017
    Sarah2 said:

    Hey everyone,

    My name is Sarah and I will be managing the online community here at YouView. I’ll be around to help with any queries or issues you encounter, update/create help articles and also track forum posts and pass on your feedback back to the relevant teams to further improve the product and service. I’ll be monitoring the threads and posts on this forum however if there’s something which you want me to check or keep an eye on, feel free to email us and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

    As a bit of background from me, I have been in the community management and support field for a few years, starting off with forum/social media based community groups for games before moving on to doing community management for a mobile telecoms company and then onto player support for a competitive gaming company. Things which are gaming, baking, sewing, movie, dogs and tea related are all good in my books! 

    I heartily approve of this image, thanks Jim! 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,774 admin
    edited April 2017
    Keith1 said:

    Sanj is a tough act to follow having given almost 4 years of great service to this community.

    Best wishes to Sarah in the Community Manager role, and good luck to Sanj in his new position and with new challenges elsewhere within YouView :)

    Thanks a lot Keith :) 
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Good luck to both Sarah and Sanj, those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

    :-)
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Well it does sound like sanj is leaving the forums from what's been posted. Well obviously I still hope he posts from time to time.


    Obviously the regulars and myself will be welcoming to Sarah but Sarah you have a tough job at the minute with a lot of users complaing about next gen.


    So I will say welcome Sarah but you have got your work cut out for you.


    I assume it will be yourself answering future emails at the community email address now I take it.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Daniel4 said:

    Well it does sound like sanj is leaving the forums from what's been posted. Well obviously I still hope he posts from time to time.


    Obviously the regulars and myself will be welcoming to Sarah but Sarah you have a tough job at the minute with a lot of users complaing about next gen.


    So I will say welcome Sarah but you have got your work cut out for you.


    I assume it will be yourself answering future emails at the community email address now I take it.

    Also best wishes to sanj
  • Andrew CAndrew C Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2017
    It is only polite to say Welcome, and hope you all the success possible in this role.

    Now...... where did I put that very long list of issues.......  lol
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,774 admin
    edited April 2017
    Daniel4 said:

    Well it does sound like sanj is leaving the forums from what's been posted. Well obviously I still hope he posts from time to time.


    Obviously the regulars and myself will be welcoming to Sarah but Sarah you have a tough job at the minute with a lot of users complaing about next gen.


    So I will say welcome Sarah but you have got your work cut out for you.


    I assume it will be yourself answering future emails at the community email address now I take it.

    Hey Daniel, thanks for the welcome!

    Sanj is moving onto a different role within YouView so he will still be around, just not within our team. I'll be the main person dealing with any emails you or anyone else send into the community inbox so feel free to drop an email in there if there's anything you wish to discuss there :) 
  • momistmomist Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2017
    Good luck Sarah, and keep your tin hat handy!
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Welcome Sarah, and kudos to Sanj on his new role!

    I hope they let you wear your own shoes tomorrow, which will be more comfy, and Sanj won't have to go round barefoot like today :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Welcome Sarah and congrats to Sanj.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • edited April 2017
    Welcome Sarah. You have a job on here. Should calm down though when the missing features are returned.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,774 admin
    edited April 2017
    Roy1 said:

    Welcome Sarah, and kudos to Sanj on his new role!

    I hope they let you wear your own shoes tomorrow, which will be more comfy, and Sanj won't have to go round barefoot like today :-)

    Can confirm, I am wearing my own shoes today :D 
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Roy1 said:

    Welcome Sarah, and kudos to Sanj on his new role!

    I hope they let you wear your own shoes tomorrow, which will be more comfy, and Sanj won't have to go round barefoot like today :-)

    I have to say I have been liking your approach to the management of the community so far.
  • JoeJoe Member, Super User Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Welcome Sarah, and good luck to Sanj. It's fortunate that we have such an open and approachable team at Youview.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Belatedly echoing the sentiments already expressed, with a warm welcome to Sarah and very best wishes to the redoubtable Sanj.
Sign In or Register to comment.