Episode name doesn't match the episode

Christine MurphyChristine Murphy Member Posts: 11
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support
Another thing, my Son watches Thomas the tank engine & the name of the episode doesnt match the actual episode. Not sure if its the case on other TV series

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: [Discussion] Humax software update 27.46.0.

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2017, 12:46PM
    That will almost certainly be a broadcaster issue rather than YouView, which channel is it on?

• Christine MurphyChristine Murphy Member Posts: 11
    Channel 5. Milkshake
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Channel 5 have form for this I had a episode with a wrong name of 5star. I have approached channel five about this and issues with there accurate recording timings in the past and I got a explanation back talking about programme delivery control which is a technology from the days if vcr. When I put them right they ignored me so obviously lack of interest on there part.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭
    In that case Christine it may be better for you to start a separate topic under the Problem category so that YouView support may better identify this away from the general discussion.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Bit quick of the mark there I was trying to correct two typos but it won't let me as you posted.

It should be wrong name on five star not of fivestar.

And days of vcr not if vcr
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2017, 1:20PM
    Daniel4 said:

Channel 5 have form for this I had a episode with a wrong name of 5star. I have approached channel five about this and issues with there accurate recording timings in the past and I got a explanation back talking about programme delivery control which is a technology from the days if vcr. When I put them right they ignored me so obviously lack of interest on there part.

That's terrible Daniel.

If we can't be confident of putting an entire Channel right these days, what can we do? :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,787 admin
    edited 25 April 2017, 1:56PM
    Hi Christine,

We're happy to look into this for you but first need you to answer a few questions for us :) 
    • Are you accessing the episode via the Milkshake app or via the main guide? Please also let me know if you are watching these live or if you are going back through the guide to watch the episode. 
    • If you are going back through the guide to locate the show, can you confirm if the episode displayed in the guide is different to the one which gets launched within Milkshake upon selecting?
    • Is the title shown at the beginning of the episode not matching the information seen on the Milkshake player? If this is the case, please confirm the title in Milkshake vs the title on the video playback of the episode. 
    • If this is happening with multiple episodes, please let me know the affected titles (as shown in the Milkshake player/guide, whichever is the one you are using). 
    Thanks a lot!