[Discussion] BT software update 27.50.0

VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in News
BT will be commencing the rollout of the 27.50.0 update to Next Generation BTTV boxes.  Update 27.50.0 commenced yesterday and will be rolled out in phases over the next few weeks.
I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 10:05AM
    The removal of the Hero tile (the big one) is a big step in making both the navigation and reading of the tiles better, as their width has now been increased, it looks more ordered, and is easier to read.
    And one is now dropped onto the oldest episode in a series stack.
    Its still not perfect but its a start.
  • Brian958Brian958 Member Posts: 47
    edited 27 April 2017, 9:40AM
    Visionman said:

The removal of the Hero tile (the big one) is a big step in making both the navigation and reading of the tiles better, as their width has now been increased, it looks more ordered, and is easier to read.

Both of those improvements are major, since I've only had 27.47.0 for a few days they were my first direct impressions for change.

Well done YV
  • impydaveimpydave Member Posts: 32
    edited 27 April 2017, 11:52AM
    Visionman said:

Same here, was not that fussed with the new update, but the little (although major) changes are great, and thank you Youview for rolling this out quickly, having come from Sky Q and there "one update every 6 months" that never realy fixed anything anyway, I am happy with my 4K box so far, long may the improvements keep coming this fast, hint, hidden channels, hint!
  • Peskdale61Peskdale61 Member Posts: 91
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Already got it on my 4K box. However, I'm now seeing some channel/player logos and programe images jumbled up! Power cycle hasn't helped. imageimageimageimage
    edited 27 April 2017, 5:28PM
    I can't help you with this one sorry, as the box you have is unique and stands apart from all other others, even a Sky Q.
    Have you posted this problem on the BT community forum?
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April 2017, 5:16PM

Already got it on my 4K box. However, I'm now seeing some channel/player logos and programe images jumbled up! Power cycle hasn't helped. imageimageimageimage

A maintenance mode reset may help
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:24AM

It seems to have sorted itself out after leaving it running for a few hours. 
  • Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 15 June 2017, 2:00PM
    Everyone's getting updates, but i've not had any on my dtrt4000 :(

Nice tv Peskdale61 !
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April 2017, 5:51PM
    Still waiting to see the formal YouView announcement for this?
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April 2017, 5:51PM
    redchiz said:

Still waiting to see the formal YouView announcement for this?

And an update to the website's current software versions page.
    edited 27 April 2017, 5:56PM
    I was wondering about that too....
    edited 27 April 2017, 6:15PM
    That's the retail box update not the bt update.
    edited 27 April 2017, 6:16PM

Well if out else you got some great pictures
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April 2017, 6:18PM

Yikes, that TV screen seems have been to bent?
    edited 27 April 2017, 7:25PM

Nah, just curved.
  • Andrew BellingerAndrew Bellinger Member Posts: 11
    edited 28 April 2017, 8:41AM
    Go this update this morning, after being on .47 for a week. Vast improvement, but lots to go...
  • Andrew EllisAndrew Ellis Member Posts: 1
    edited 7 May 2017, 11:29PM
    What's happened to the 'Discover' means of browsing the 'On Demand' content? This was by far and away the most used section of the menu in our house and seemed to me to be the most sensible method of browsing across all the players.
    A disapointing omission in my opinion.
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:38PM
    Andrew Bellinger>
    "Go this update this morning, after being on .47 for a week. Vast improvement, but lots to go..."

Indeed. Think of 27.50 as addressing part 1 of MyTV. With part 2 to follow. :)
    Which should be the user back journey. At least I hope...
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 8:41AM
    Our BT T1000 updated to 27.50.0 today, less than a week after it got 27.47.0. Things are moving on . . .
  • Steve KSteve K Member Posts: 295
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Well it's a huge disappointment

Doesn't fix the biggest fault with 27.47 (the removal of ability to input a jump to time for playback)

Doesn't fix the biggest error with the pre 27.47 build (the mandated standby after 12 hours)

Those that love tiles will gush about it.  Those that want a PVR that does the day job well will be annoyed at the arrogant ineptitude of the designers.
    edited 28 April 2017, 1:27AM
    Steve K said:

Doesn't fix the biggest fault with 27.47 (the removal of ability to input a jump to time for playback)

Doesn't fix the biggest error with the pre 27.47 build (the mandated standby after 12 hours)

Those that love tiles will gush about it.  Those that want a PVR that does the day job well will be annoyed at the arrogant ineptitude of the designers.

The jump feature is no big deal the biggest issue is lack of hide channels. But youview have confirmed it will return at a later update.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:37PM
    Visionman said:

Andrew Bellinger>
    "Go this update this morning, after being on .47 for a week. Vast improvement, but lots to go..."

Some series are reliably on at least weekly, there may be a few surprises and twists and turns along the way, but the story concludes successfully in only a matter of a few episodes; others may be a sequence of specials at more irregular intervals with each seen as a successful progression for the overarching drama. I wonder if the MyTV story though will be one that has few episodes, divides the audience on the merits of each, and that sometimes the plot choices are hard to fathom and ultimately the story ends/is cancelled before truly reaching a neat finish with all the loose ends perfectly tied up ;-)
  • CegCeg Member Posts: 184
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:56PM
    Steve K said:

Daniel: The jump feature is no big deal *to you*. It's clearly a very big deal to many people, especially recorded sports watchers. You shouldn't dismiss peoples concerns about missing functions in your evangelism for NextGen.

To my mind any software function that was available and now isn't is a big deal.
    edited 28 April 2017, 9:37AM
    Steve K said:

I watch and record sports and still say that
  • CegCeg Member Posts: 184
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:55PM
    Steve K said:

Then that's fine and it's not a big deal for you. It's clearly a big deal for someone who comes on a forum and specifically mentions that function. Dismissing it as no big deal isn't really helpful.
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:43AM
    Steve K said:

Obviously every user has there own lists of wants it in practical terms doesn't mean youview will return everything or action everyones wishes. Unfortunately the little exchange here reminds me of the saying one man's trash is another persons treasure.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,704 admin
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:45AM

What's happened to the 'Discover' means of browsing the 'On Demand' content? This was by far and away the most used section of the menu in our house and seemed to me to be the most sensible method of browsing across all the players.
    A disapointing omission in my opinion.

Hey there Andrew,

The Discover feature is actually going to be added in a future update :) We'll update everyone when this is due to happen. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 10:37PM
    Visionman said:

Andrew Bellinger>

I want a binge-update, then :-)
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats