New MyTV recordings interface and info banner

ZPDZPD Member Posts: 4
edited 9 July 2017, 11:14PM in Discussion
Hi all - I like some aspects of the new update, such as the EPG and banner for the Apps, and settings pages, but I'm also disappointed by what the new update has done to the Recordings Library (MyTV) section and Info Banner.  I made a rough mock up of what could be done with it (in my opinion - I'm not part of the YouView team!).
Based on the Panasonic PVR idea of an expanding thumbnail that appears next to each recording only when you select it from the list, this would be a good compromise between the old and new interface for recordings.
As for the Info Banner, I think the current one wastes space as isn't very informative at a glance.
Here are my ideas... 
First, the recordings library (MyTV) - obviously the overall background could be in blue - I couldn't find a blue version source image to work with:

The zapping banner as you change channels, with progress bar shown under the current programme title:

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 845 ✭✭
    edited 4 May 2017, 3:07PM
    The top screen idea is something to consider, BUT in the meantime, whatever is fixed in Youview as long as they get rid of the stupid dark banner at the bottom of the screen when you either Fast forward/rewind recordings. Your idea sounds good visually, but as long as the Software programmers fix the banner so that it disappears. This is really REALLY annoying & as a result I am gradually moving all my current shedules to another PVR until Youview sort problem.

With regards the EPG guide, it is not as good as the original one. Not as clear & crisp to read. They have simply gone backwards. Also no tiny preview screen. The picture in the background affects my eyes/makes me slightly dizzy if I look at it for too long, & so I have turned this off.
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • ZPDZPD Member Posts: 4
    edited 4 May 2017, 3:08PM
    I agree about the banner. It's unnecessarily big and obtrusive. I don't see why the Playback scrub bar has to be so big. I guess they're trying to keep the same design language from the Home Menu banner, but there's no reason why it can't be different and still in keeping with the general style.

Less is really more on these devices - think of how simple Apple's playback controls are.  You need only the important information to be there, and for it to be visible at a quick glance.

Something more like this in my opinion...image 
  • Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 1 May 2017, 3:42PM
    What is the number of this firmware 27.50.0 ?
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Member Posts: 317 ✭✭
    edited 30 April 2017, 5:21PM

The component software is 3.1.156
    edited 30 April 2017, 5:37PM

Is that a new one that's just been released ( excuse my ignorance, sorry im new to this )
    edited 30 April 2017, 6:40PM

The 'component software' is the youview side of the box's code. It was first included in the manufacturer's version 27.47.0 for the Humax retail boxes and started to be rolled out on the 19th April.
    On 24th April 3.1.156 started to also be rolled out to the TalkTalk DN370T and DN372T.

Youview maintain a page of the manufacturer's current version numbers.  If you click on the version number then which version number of the youview code it includes is about half way down the resulting page.  The list tends to be updated a couple of days after a new release is announced.
    edited 30 April 2017, 6:40PM

Great, cannot wait for this new firmware it looks promising
  • ZPDZPD Member Posts: 4
    edited 1 May 2017, 3:35PM
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 May 2017, 3:36PM
    ZPD said:

Did you find that in yTV?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 1 May 2017, 3:42PM

Sorry Simmy.
    Here is the link that I meant to include for the Youview maintained version list.
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions