Next Gen more Arguments already

fre55diefre55die Posts: 161Member
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support
Well over on Talktalk the arguments have now started about oldest or latest recorded series shows being shown first in MY TV with some people preferring both. How about giving the option ?

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,951Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Hi some links would be good so we can see some examples.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2017, 7:58PM
    It's surprising that this has taken so long to start being discussed.
    Is this an indication of just how unbelievably slow the rollout to TalkTalk users has been?
  • fre55diefre55die Posts: 161Member
    Just visit the site Daniel.
    edited 25 May 2017, 7:58PM
    jimb said:

It's surprising that this has taken so long to start being discussed.
    Is this an indication of just how unbelievably slow the rollout to TalkTalk users has been?

I think so as some appear to still be on "old Gen" although these seem to be a mixture of just getting it and the update from where NEWEST were shown first.
    edited 25 May 2017, 8:02PM
    fre55die said:

The one time I visited the TalkTalk forum was during the trial leak and unfortunately it's not the easiest of forums to navigate around I would say it's the worst example of a forum I have seen hence the request for examples.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,542Member ✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:09PM
    fre55die said:

Daniel, I joined the TalkTalk forum on the day it went Beta and I have to say its far easier to use than this one. And yes there was a TT leak, but there was also one on the BT Community too, but that was instantly shut down, so no one even noticed.
    jimb>
    "It's surprising that this has taken so long to start being discussed. 
    Is this an indication of just how unbelievably slow the rollout to TalkTalk users has been?"
    No, its an indication that every user on the TT forum who complains about NextGen politely, but very firmly, gets told not to complain about it on there, but here.
    I have found such comments irksome, to say the least, but have chosen not to say anything about it. Which makes a pleasant change. :) 
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:17PM
    fre55die said:

I find this easier to use the only thing it lacks is stickys which would be very useful. I suppose different people will have different perspectives and issues which is as valid as any other I suppose.
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:21PM
    fre55die said:

Lithium on the BT Community is also good, but Many find this one poor as its so very easy to fragment a thread due the the comment facility which can be posted on any page, anywhere. Not good.
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:29PM
    fre55die said:

My wife posts a fair bit on bt community and finds it ok. Reason I like this I like the way it's laid out on my phone. Yes improvements could be done and it certainly doesn't look as modern as some forums but my like of it over some other forums is pure based on the mobile view.
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:35PM
    fre55die said:

One other thing before anyone says it I realise it's a list but when I have my vision issues I put my phone very close to my face. I'm unlikely to pick a tv up and put it near my face. With my ms I would probably drop it. And I can't make it to the floor very well to sit in front of the tv and can't exactly be expected to sit right close to the tv. This is where next gen has helped me I have been able on my worse days been able to control the tv while on my sofa or chairs.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 May 2017, 6:49AM
    fre55die said:

Stickies are coming to GetSat, they have announced.

But I still have a long set of tiles of things that GetSat don't do, which any decent forum software should.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:12AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>
    Is this an indication of just how unbelievably slow the rollout to TalkTalk users has been?"
    No, its an indication that every user on the TT forum who complains about NextGen politely, but very firmly, gets told not to complain about it on there, but here.
    I have found such comments irksome, to say the least, but have chosen not to say anything about it. Which makes a pleasant change. :) 

Well yes; I mean, it's not like TalkTalk twisted YouView's arm right up its back to be first out with NextGen, even though this was clearly premature, is it?
    Holding my breath....
    edited 25 May 2017, 10:54PM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

Hmm...
    edited 25 May 2017, 11:09PM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

Too be fair to everyone yes I like next gen but I think the majority would agree if it had been held back for a few more months maybe things would be more polished. I'm glad I have it but maybe a choice to update it given by youview until things where more polished would have resulted in less angry people. I personally if it was a choice would have updated it still because I like next gen but I can see it from the other side of the coin and some clearly have valid grevences with the software such as a feature been removed for example that they used. Hopefully some of the missing features return soon.
    edited 25 May 2017, 11:55PM
    fre55die said:

Just log in as Daniel2025
    edited 25 May 2017, 11:58PM
    fre55die said:

The thing that I miss on this site is the ability to send PM's
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:00AM
    fre55die said:

I don't have a TalkTalk account what so ever on the forum or otherwise I told you before I would not dare have TalkTalk as they have no hd channels you have the wrong person I have only been back a day and I am again been told I'm someone else there is more then one Daniel in the world.
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:15AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

VM that's not true !! It's just that they don't go on and on and on and on about the same thing usually. Most don't even know about the forum and try to use it as a help site rather than a rant site !!
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:04AM
    fre55die said:

OK
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:15AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

Things have calmed on here as all the abusers have gone. But I take your point. 
    edited 26 May 2017, 6:39AM
    Interesting that I thought that I had put this up as a suggestion to give the option of latest or first in series recordings !!!!
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:20AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

VM haven't seen you on there recently !! You used to give good advice !!
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:27AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

This site was getting silly as I had to delete about 40 whinges a day about the "update" from my email account from about 7 different posts !!
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:42AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

Yes, I haven't been active on the TalkTalk forum for quite some time now. I took long consideration before posting what I did to your forum moderators, but did so because I thought it was necessary.
    Then I posted on the leak. Then had to defend my post on the leak, which wasn't a problem and that was resolved too.
    I actually only post on the TT forum when I feel there is a need to. My last major activity being quite some time ago, when TT lost the Discovery channels.
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Entertainment-Package-Changes-from-30-June-2016/td-p...
    edited 26 May 2017, 12:46AM
    Visionman said:

jimb>

Oh I don't know. Certainly more recently than that you have given some posters some useful general advice. (including myself) !!!
    edited 26 May 2017, 6:01AM
    fre55die said:

For me,
    WYSIWYG on tablets is missing;
    it is too easy to post a Comment when you ought to post a Reply, or even start a new Conversation;
    no emoticons;
    and the infuriating Search which, asked to find 'needle', looks through all the haystacks (Conversations), finds every occurrence of 'needle' just dandy, but then comes back only with a list of the 'haystacks' that contain a 'needle'.

Give me time, I'll think of more. 'Hotel California' syndrome once you have ever been in another Community..... etc etc
    Holding my breath....
    edited 26 May 2017, 6:39AM
    fre55die said:

Interesting that I thought that I had put this up as a suggestion to give the option of latest or first in series recordings !!!!

Lots of people have.

But if you want to go back to the fount of first knowledge, then see :-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

from the redoubtable Keith, the original and only zero-day summation of NextGen.

I am sure all the people who came after with rants, suggestions, and accusations that the 'old guard' were fiercely defending NextGen, would be simply amazed to read Keith's post, with its measured pros and cons, and to know when it was made.

If we had had stickies, and this post had been able to remain at the top of the Community, then the Community would have been a calmer and much more ordered place these past few months.
    Holding my breath....