It’s easy to delete the wrong recording

dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
edited 4 August 2017, 9:29AM in Feedback

From MYTV  page   - select item (icon) to be deleted - If you press delete just as a new recording starts then your selection changes to the adjacent (newer) recording

If that recording is a series of episodes then you get a meaningful message

“Delete whole series?

are you sure you want to delete 6 recordings of

Programme xxxxxxxxxxxx”

If the recording is a single instance then the message is worthless 

“Delete recording?

Are you sure you want to delete this recording”

When you press delete the screen is blacked-out,  you can’t see what is selected to be deleted, therefore in this scenario it’s very easy to delete the wrong item.

This problem needs fixing.  

Like others I'm really fed-up with this beta test version that has been dumped on us.

It really hasn't been user tested

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 June 2017, 7:25PM
    Don't throw bait, dave....
  • KeithKeith Member, Champion Posts: 2,437 mod
    edited 4 June 2017, 7:43PM
    Hi dave - indeed this can happen and has been known since at least day one of the public release of YouView. I noted that in my first impressions post 6 months ago (3rd item under niggles) but you are perhaps the first other person to explicitly mention it here :)
    edited 4 June 2017, 8:04PM
    I'm sorry for saying, but to blame a trialist for this update is just wrong.
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 4 August 2017, 9:29AM

It just happen -  so I'm not as chilled as normal

Hi Keith

I only looked at the titles of  the postings that the system search generates as you initial create a posting  - 

Just had a very quick looked at your posting I need to read it thoroughly

Did you get a response from the company?

Does the company respond to any comments?

Is there a list of the enhancements released / bugs fixed by each update?

• KeithKeith Member, Champion Posts: 2,437 mod
    edited 5 June 2017, 12:38PM
    dave3 said:

Hi Keith

I only looked at the titles of  the postings that the system search generates as you initial create a posting  - 

Just had a very quick looked at your posting I need to read it thoroughly

Did you get a response from the company?

Does the company respond to any comments?

Is there a list of the enhancements released / bugs fixed by each update?

Hi dave - YouView know about all the issues listed in my post, when and whether they will act on each one time will tell.

YouView give quite limited details about what is in each software update but I collate the information in the consolidated list of updates and changes should people wish to review it in one handy post :)

YouView have been primarily focused over the last 6 months on completing the roll out to the 2.5m or so boxes. Previous indications were that would be complete some time this month. If one were to be optimistic one would hope the focus would shift to addressing the missing features and issues over the next 6 months. If it takes that long then it would mean a year from release before they broadly restore all the features and smooth operation.

In late April we saw the first update with signs they were acting on (some) feedback, i.e. they made some initial changes to MyTV. YouView have indicated in various forum threads they are working on:
    • proper back journey out of a recording
    • return of an interface to hide and manage hidden channels
    • action panels (this would apparently be a list of actions in the half-screen panel that comes up when you press (i), which is currently only an Info Panel)
    • discover
    The first of these when delivered should mean MyTV works broadly as one would expect it to such that one would then be debating whether they can also offer a list view or whether they can improve what each tiles text shows, can they fix corner case bugs/behaviour such as the issue as stated in this topic etc.

In short, YouView are listening, they are acting (on some matters), more is to come, but when and what (beyond the above list) are unlikely to be confirmed until they arrive. In the meantime people should continue to give their feedback via this forum, to their ISP provider if relevant, or direct to YouView via their support or community emails etc. I and others will also continue to engage with YouView through these and other more direct channels whenever possible. The more issues YouView address sooner, the easier it then becomes to press on further points :)

Keith – thanks for the pointers – you’ve put a lot of good work in  

Hi Visionman -  earlier in this thread  you wrote  - “Don't throw bait, dave....” – but what are you doing with your last comment?

BTW - do you fancy free waterskiing sessions? I know a  frustrated shark fisherman who would love to take you out for free  (LOL courtesy Bob Monkhouse)

But thanks for the nudge: you’ve given me an idea.

edited 5 June 2017, 4:25PM
    dave3 said:

Hi Visionman -  earlier in this thread  you wrote  - “Don't throw bait, dave....” – but what are you doing with your last comment?

BTW - do you fancy free waterskiing sessions? I know a  frustrated shark fisherman who would love to take you out for free  (LOL courtesy Bob Monkhouse)

But thanks for the nudge: you’ve given me an idea.

Your welcome. And funny. :)
    Just to reiterate what Kieth has said above, YouView are  listening and they read every post on here. Its a valuable feedback tool.