It is a phased update, as always.
  • Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:10PM

I still don't have the new update i have 27.50.00 :(

Sorry but what does phased mean, testing ? Thanks
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:14PM

It means that the update can take several days before it reaches all boxes.
  • Nick7Nick7 Member Posts: 88
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:13PM

We are not all worthy and equal.. Lol
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:27PM

Or on each platform (which means ISP) weeks....
    BT decide when to release their updates, as do TalkTalk.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:24PM

As the question came under this particular topic heading and with no indication otherwise I assumed that the poster has one of the the boxes in question, so the additional information seemed otiose in this case. But thanks for mentioning it anyway. ;)
  • Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:28PM

I'm with BT using the 4k box. ( dtrt4000 )
    edited 7 June 2017, 3:29PM

Good point from Visionman then, you will be way at the back of the queue!  :)
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:03PM

If you read the link in the first paragraph it will tell you which box variants this has been released for. The T4000 isn't one of them yet. BT will decide when they are happy for the release to go out to their customers (their are subtle differences like IP channels and BT Sport Red Button that need additional checks).
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:06PM

If you read ...
    No particular dissing, but if most people did that then there would be far fewer posts on here.  ;)
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:07PM

It is entirely possible BT could skip this release and go straight to the next one ;-)
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:09PM

If they wanted to piss off their customers any more I'm sure they could!
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:12PM

Depends how quick the next one comes out...I am sure they won't and I think we will hear something soonish about it releasing for BT boxes....

I am sure someone can do a timeline for 27.50 to 28.23 to 28.26...and time how quick the updates are coming compared to old Gen...

edited 7 June 2017, 4:13PM

I jest, this is a particularly welcome update and I imagine all concerned would want it available soonest.
  • Alan3Alan3 Member Posts: 22
    edited 8 June 2017, 3:18AM

Would make sense to have single recordings revert back to MyTv when viewed to make deleting easier.
  • wislonpwislonp Member Posts: 18
    edited 8 June 2017, 7:51PM

Randomly the back and foreward buttons stop working. Randomly the fast back and fast forward stop working.
    Randomly the audio cuts out if I manage to do the above.

I bought my box from Argos so why(just beacause I am a BT Infinity customer) do I get the BT logo, MYBT option and a whole load of BT channels I can no longer delete.......)
    edited 8 June 2017, 7:54PM

Hey wislonp, sorry to hear this, given your particular issues it might be better to start your own topic to get this looked at.
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 8 June 2017, 9:18PM

Wislonp - did you buy your box in the last 6 months? - if so just take it back  and  state  - It’s stopped working - Randomly the back and forward buttons stop working. Randomly the fast back and fast forward stop working.  Randomly the audio cuts out if I manage to do the above. No need to provide any other details.  When you borough the box did Argos warn you that the youview software was subject to version change - not  bug fixes / security patches but version change like moving from windows 7 to windows 8, which could total change the usability of the product? - If they didn't then they are “delinquent in duty of care”  -   but your best avoiding that argument – just take it back and say it don’t work anymore.  

edited 8 June 2017, 9:21PM

Yeah, dave gives legal advice and is prepared to underwrite the outcome. *rolleyes*
    edited 8 June 2017, 10:19PM

Oh wow! - dave, the internet lawyer. No, not really. But if I may, if your dispensing all this legal advice out to others, why haven't you done it? 
    edited 8 June 2017, 10:21PM

You mean dave, not me, I take it?
    edited 8 June 2017, 11:18PM

Of course.
    dave is a retail user going to an ISP to complain about the update. Which is his right. Hes not the first and won't be the last. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,209 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June 2017, 11:41AM

But the update did not come from his ISP.

So his only grounds for complaint are the obtrusive BT branding, which YouView have said they are not going to remove - though I am sure they would if BT decided it was not in BT's best interests to have it foisted on people.

But what are the chances of BT deciding that, even if a thousand daves write in to them? :-(
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • wislonpwislonp Member Posts: 18
    edited 9 June 2017, 11:54AM

Well for a several days, after the initial update, I had a YouView logo, no BT channels and no MY BT. Then a second update installed the BT stuff. So it is possible to have an non ISP related version. Why can't I have this option when using the manual update process?
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 4 August 2017, 8:29AM

Before taking any advice from other people on this forum I’d expect all on here to do their own research”.  In some circumstance if you own the box then you have the option to either return the  box to retailer or continue to be a “BETA tester” for youview.

Hi Visionman -   your question – why haven't you done it”  –  because I initially thought that Talktalk had accidentally updated my privately owned box and was very irritated, but now I’m  chilled and I’m  enjoying  “playing the game”  - (don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument)    -  Also I've got a couple of months to run before I have to press the return to shop button.

Match commentary:-

Talktalk – so far they have failed to write to me stating their “final position” on this matter  – they have a few more days left before they will be in breach of Ofcom rules.

Citizen Advice – O345 404 0506   - If you phone them 3 time, you’re likely to get 3 different opinions –  i.e.  Contact Ofcom, contact retail ombudsman, or if the box is less than 6 months old take it back (I phoned them twice leave you to guess which two bits of advice I got) 

Response from my retailer’s central customer help line  – they’re happy to refund money, if I get a statement from retail ombudsman, that it’s a retailer’s issue..

Retail Ombudsman  - 0203 540 8063 -  case opened – I’m awaiting a call back

Surly everybody uses the standard complaint phrases   “not fit for purpose”, “delinquent in duty of care”, but perhaps other potential useful phrases are less prevalent  “plausible deniability”  etc. etc. and my favourite “malicious obedience”  

Just image how much quicker the bugs and issues would be addressed if all Talktalk TV & BT TV subscribers opened a complaint "not fit for purpose" and sent their money to an escrow account until the complaint was resolved and compensation agreed.  How much cleaner – “fit for purpose” – would the next version be?  -   OK - Dream on.

edited 9 June 2017, 12:09PM

It was a bug,

I want that bug.

YouView, can I have that bug, please?

YouView could perfectly well give BT and TalkTalk ISP users who are not subscribers the option of the branding, or not inflict it on us at all, but any time that anyone in YouView reaches for the switch that does this, someone at the ISP twitches the control bar, and the string makes the hand flail helplessly in the air :-(
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • Timothy GrundeyTimothy Grundey Member Posts: 1
    edited 11 June 2017, 1:49PM
    A Small change but good. Now we need the list view of recordings
  • AndyWAndyW Member Posts: 30
    edited 13 June 2017, 1:31PM
    Still have not had this update. Tried manually updating but still nothing.
    I have a retail Humax on Talktalk ISP.
    edited 12 June 2017, 2:35PM
    AndyW said:

Still have not had this update. Tried manually updating but still nothing.
    I have a retail Humax on Talktalk ISP.

It's still a rollout in progress. That means not everybody has had it yet.

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...

In this context 'retail Humax' is relevant (which model, by the way?) but 'TalkTalk ISP' isn't.

But 'TalkTalk ISP' does determine the skin you get. Confusing, isn't it?