[Discussion] Humax software update 28.26.0

Comments

• wislonpwislonp Member Posts: 18
    edited 12 June 2017, 9:23PM
    AndyW said:

Still have not had this update. Tried manually updating but still nothing.
    I have a retail Humax on Talktalk ISP.

Have you tried using the 'maintenance mode'?
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June 2017, 9:58PM
    AndyW said:

A box gets the update when its turn comes. Maintenance Mode doesn't change that.
    edited 12 June 2017, 10:00PM
    AndyW said:

Hmmmm. One of the options is restore from USB or internet. I would hope that would force the latest version.
    edited 12 June 2017, 11:05PM
    AndyW said:

No. Restore means put back what was there before.
    edited 13 June 2017, 8:10AM
    AndyW said:

OK. So why did that delete the youview logo'd version and instal the BT logo'd version and add all those channels I cannot access and unable to delete.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 June 2017, 10:24AM
    AndyW said:

Because 'restore' actually means 'deliver the latest release available to you' which, if a new release has become available to you since the last check made, will bring down that new version.

This is what gives rise to the myth that Maintenance Mode can provoke a download of a release not yet available to you normally; but if a user had tried the standard Software Update procedure in Settings instead at the time they did the MM, then that would have downloaded it for them much more simply.

If BT was your ISP before, then you will have had the BT branding, albeit much less in-yer-face than it is now, and the BT channels, unless you had hidden them, and the BT TV app, albeit just among the Apps, and not out on the Main Menu as it is now.
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
  • Pauline Byrne KennedyPauline Byrne Kennedy Member Posts: 3
    edited 13 June 2017, 11:49AM
    Keith1 said:

Hallelujah - it may only have one small improvement but it will make a huge difference!

Finally a back journey out of a recording that returns you to exactly the episode tile you went in on!!!!!

I have a privately owned humax youview box. Since youview software update I can't access the players. I can't access my view & I am unable to access the BT PLAYERS or players from the tiles. I have tried updating the players but no joy after waiting while it says it's doing it, then comes back as unable to update, try again. Ive reset my broadband, no joy, ive tested broadband on my tv players & it works fine. Has anyone else had this since update 28.26.0?
    edited 13 June 2017, 1:31PM
    AndyW said:

YouView boxes update themselves automatically overnight, but new release software is made available to the box the day before the update takes place. As Roy says, if a manual software update check is made after the new release has been made available, then the box will update to the new version.

If the update was made automatically or a check was made using the update procedure in settings, then box settings would be preserved and hidden channels would stay hidden.

If the update check was made using the restore from USB or internet Maintenance Mode, then the box settings are lost and a channel re-tune is needed. Re-tuning the channels makes them all visible in the Guide and in the NextGen software it is not yet possible to hide channels except the "Adult" ones.

• Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 17 June 2017, 4:20PM
    If you want to watch in HD then yes you do need 5mb
  • speedyritespeedyrite Member Posts: 81
    edited 9 August 2017, 7:07AM
    Now that rollout of 28.26.0 to Humax Retail boxes appears to be complete, how soon until rollout to BT & BT Retail boxes (in particular DTR-T2110) begins?
  • Nick7Nick7 Member Posts: 88
    edited 6 August 2017, 3:57PM
    Only BT can answer that. Annoying though innit?
  • chungychungy Member Posts: 1
    edited 6 August 2017, 3:57PM
    do we have any idea of when we are likely to get the 'discover' feature back again? I find i have lost all interest in the youview service now.
    edited 20 June 2017, 4:05PM
    chungy said:

do we have any idea of when we are likely to get the 'discover' feature back again? I find i have lost all interest in the youview service now.

Apparently with the new software, they can churn updates out really quickly... Sarcasm aside, 6 months probably..
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2017, 4:09PM
    chungy said:

It is not an "update" though is it? It is a new function as far as NextGen is concerned. Recent updates, like the improvements in the MyTV journey, have demonstrated how changes can be made quite quickly.
    edited 20 June 2017, 5:31PM
    chungy said:

Regardless, you can't strip away almost everything that was good about Youview and expect people to accept it gladly.
    edited 20 June 2017, 5:35PM
    chungy said:

I don't expect anything, but I do object to ignorance of the facts in pursuit of a subjective discourse. And for the record I am disappointed that some of the key features which have been slated for return are taking so long to implement.
  • lebowskii98 _lebowskii98 _ Member Posts: 1
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    My box keeps crashing since the update. I can't switch it on from the remote or the button on the front. I have to use the switch on the back and then wait for it to initialize. Not happy!
    edited 23 June 2017, 8:36PM
    What make is you box.
    edited 23 June 2017, 10:23PM

My box keeps crashing since the update. I can't switch it on from the remote or the button on the front. I have to use the switch on the back and then wait for it to initialize. Not happy!

https://community.youview.com/youview...
    edited 9 July 2017, 11:18AM
    So yet another problem that I have spotted three times now. Leave the box on overnight so I can rewind the programme if I get up late. So I am watching BBC1 Breakfast. Decide to rewind to watch the sport. Press back 15 sec and it goes back once but pressing again does not work. Try fast rewind. Nothing happens except the sound cuts out. Cannot do fast rewind, cannot get the step back to work so watching 15. Sec behind with no sound. Cannot change channels. Cannot switch off on the remote. Cannot switch off on the front of the box. Have to switch off at true back. Now 'lost' my 2 hour back up so cannot rewind to the sports.
    Does anyone from Youview monitor this blog. Is anyone else getting this issue that only started after update.
    edited 24 June 2017, 8:25AM
    wislonp said:

So yet another problem that I have spotted three times now. Leave the box on overnight so I can rewind the programme if I get up late. So I am watching BBC1 Breakfast. Decide to rewind to watch the sport. Press back 15 sec and it goes back once but pressing again does not work. Try fast rewind. Nothing happens except the sound cuts out. Cannot do fast rewind, cannot get the step back to work so watching 15. Sec behind with no sound. Cannot change channels. Cannot switch off on the remote. Cannot switch off on the front of the box. Have to switch off at true back. Now 'lost' my 2 hour back up so cannot rewind to the sports.
    Does anyone from Youview monitor this blog. Is anyone else getting this issue that only started after update.

I have tried this, and I can jump back in multiple 15 second increments, at least through the 20 minute buffer I have captured.

I don't know if your issue is related to filling the buffer, which I will test now.
    edited 24 June 2017, 10:31AM
    wislonp said:

As I said it doesn't happen all the time. I do get variations where fast rewind will work but jump back won't. Could it be that I don't allow the box to turn off? But I never had the issue with the old software.
  • clprattclpratt Member Posts: 8
    edited 18 July 2017, 4:20PM
    This is a known problem and youview are aware. If you fill or nearly fill the 2 hour live tv buffer. If you pause, FForward or FRewind 1 or 2 times then buffer refuses to rewind. It even shows the wrong programme name at the bottom of the screen. 
    edited 24 June 2017, 10:55AM
    OK so It's good they know about it. Any idea when the next release will be ready? Do youview produce release notes on what they fix and stuff they haven't fixed.
    edited 24 June 2017, 11:48AM
    What they have fixed, yes, but only when the release is publicly available.

What they haven't fixed, no, not officially, but you can look at:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

though the issue above is not (yet?) on Keith's list.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 5:45PM
    wislonp said:

wislonp - I do the same thing in order to rewind and skip through the BBC 1 breakfast programme, which means my box is pretty much on all the time. I've never experienced the problems you've described.
    (My software is 27.50.0 box is DTR-T2110)
    edited 25 June 2017, 5:48PM
    wislonp said:

Just a thought, anything to do with eco settings?
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 5:52PM
    wislonp said:

Perhaps.
    But my experience tends to confirm that this is a new problem with the 28.26.0 software.
    edited 25 June 2017, 5:54PM
    wislonp said:

Cool, I never use my box like that so I wouldn't know.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 8:59PM
    wislonp said:

There can be problems if the buffer is full. Its just the nature of the box.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.