[Discussion] Humax software update 28.26.0

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 10:20PM
    wislonp said:

So yet another problem that I have spotted three times now. Leave the box on overnight so I can rewind the programme if I get up late. So I am watching BBC1 Breakfast. Decide to rewind to watch the sport. Press back 15 sec and it goes back once but pressing again does not work. Try fast rewind. Nothing happens except the sound cuts out. Cannot do fast rewind, cannot get the step back to work so watching 15. Sec behind with no sound. Cannot change channels. Cannot switch off on the remote. Cannot switch off on the front of the box. Have to switch off at true back. Now 'lost' my 2 hour back up so cannot rewind to the sports.
    Does anyone from Youview monitor this blog. Is anyone else getting this issue that only started after update.

I let the buffer fill, and tried the recipes again. I could not reproduce the issues.

Perhaps there is another factor involved?
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • Richard ThomasRichard Thomas Member Posts: 7
    edited 27 July 2017, 1:05AM
    Have a Humax DTRT 1000 box.  Software update 28.26.0 when I first used it was dreadful but some flaws have been addressed recently.

1/3rd SCREEN TIMEOUT - GGGRRR.  Anyone who likes to watch foreign programs with subtitles has a 7 seconds third of the screen blanking out the subtitles, very annoying having to keep rewinding to see what is going on. SHOULD HAVE ABILITY TO TURN OFF.

I have 240 ish films which in old software had DATE and ALPHABETIC layout. The new DATE LAYOUT ONLY IS DREADFUL. BRING BACK ALPHABETIC TITLE LAYOUT AS AN OPTION

Cannot hide hidden channels. SCARED STIFF TO CONTEMPLATE the hours wasted TRAWLING THROUGH THE 146 HIDDEN CHANNELS on my device, so guess will never see any new channels to see if to my liking.
    edited 26 June 2017, 11:54AM

Have a Humax DTRT 1000 box.  Software update 28.26.0 when I first used it was dreadful but some flaws have been addressed recently.

1/3rd SCREEN TIMEOUT - GGGRRR.  Anyone who likes to watch foreign programs with subtitles has a 7 seconds third of the screen blanking out the subtitles, very annoying having to keep rewinding to see what is going on. SHOULD HAVE ABILITY TO TURN OFF.

I have 240 ish films which in old software had DATE and ALPHABETIC layout. The new DATE LAYOUT ONLY IS DREADFUL. BRING BACK ALPHABETIC TITLE LAYOUT AS AN OPTION

Cannot hide hidden channels. SCARED STIFF TO CONTEMPLATE the hours wasted TRAWLING THROUGH THE 146 HIDDEN CHANNELS on my device, so guess will never see any new channels to see if to my liking.

Click 'Back' to clear the Obscurial infesting the lower part of you screen earlier than its default timeout.

I can see where movies in date of recording sequence could be a bit unusable, but I don't think I've seen any commitment from YouView to bring back Title sequence yet. The Search loupe is your friend if you know what Title you are looking for, though.

Can you really get 240 movies into 500GB? Golly.

Hidden channels is slated for an early return, but no date as yet. If you currently have 146 hidden, they will stay hidden, unless you need to retune. But YouView is quite good at popping up new channels without needing this, so a trawl through should find any such.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2017, 12:10PM

Isn't the 1010 available in a 1TB variant?

Although the new BT Player has also lost it's A to Z sort for purchases which would make some sense but then that would be in the wrong thread ;-)

edited 27 July 2017, 1:05AM

Yes it is a 1TB box. The annoying part of tiles appossed to list is the time taken trawling through. With time only tiles unless your a mnemonist its easy to have several recordings of same thing. Bring back TITLE sequence please. Will test out obscurial infestation tip when I get home
  • anonanon Member Posts: 6
    edited 28 June 2017, 9:32AM
    How was this update rolled out and why has my box only implemented this update today ? My box hasn't been connected to my broadband for some time... ??
    edited 27 June 2017, 10:46PM
    anon said:

How was this update rolled out and why has my box only implemented this update today ? My box hasn't been connected to my broadband for some time... ??

Your second sentence answers the second part of your first question, as updates arrive only over the Internet.

The answer to the first part of your question is "same as ever".
    edited 27 June 2017, 11:41PM
    anon said:

But.... If my box hasn't been plugged into the router for over a week and still isn't plugged in, how did it take it upon itself to run the update....
    edited 27 June 2017, 11:42PM
    anon said:

I didn't run a software update scan either...
    edited 27 July 2017, 1:07AM
    anon said:

Also I hate the new lay out, I want the old list & grid back ! The tile feature has definitely slowed the box down, along with making me have to re study the bloody layout
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2017, 1:08AM
    anon said:

Its not possible to update without being connected to the internet as its a download.
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
    edited 28 June 2017, 7:45AM
    anon said:

Check the back of your YouView box for a wire coming out of the Ethernet socket.

Follow it.

Where does it go?
    edited 28 June 2017, 8:56AM
    anon said:

I intentionally disconnected the wireless adapter over a week ago and plugged it into my Xbox to reduce packet loss, disconnecting it from the router, which worked and sped up my xbox live downloads, and I haven't plugged it back in since... So how the box received the update is either very sneakily or it received it and retained it, before I did this ,and didn't implement it until now ?
    edited 28 June 2017, 9:32AM
    anon said:

Or maybe it updated a week or more ago, and you haven't looked at it since then?

When a box gets the update, it carries out the update there and then.

I've never heard of an update being deferred, nor of a YouView box disconnected from the internet receiving an update, other than via a USB stick. And I doubt that's the case here.
    edited 29 June 2017, 11:15AM

Thanks Roy,  re tip  Obscurial infesting of screen but would be much better to have ability to adjust / turn off
    edited 29 June 2017, 5:34PM

Agreed.

I would post a video if I could, showing that the Obscurial lasts exactly long enough that you can't see the answer to the conundrum after skipping an ad break in Countdown :-(
  • DavidBDavidB Member Posts: 69
    edited 30 June 2017, 5:05PM

Roy, Does it obscure the bottom third of Racheal?
    edited 30 June 2017, 10:06PM

I know it's pretty bootylicious, but I don't think it quite makes up a third of her :-)
  • DaveN22DaveN22 Member Posts: 3
    edited 1 July 2017, 3:00AM

My box keeps crashing since the update. I can't switch it on from the remote or the button on the front. I have to use the switch on the back and then wait for it to initialize. Not happy!

Same problem here. It's happened twice today on my Humax DTR -T1010
  • Claire TClaire T Member Posts: 4
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Still no way to edit channels? Also has the option gone to press the green button during TV trailers to record that series?
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 July 2017, 3:38PM
    Claire T said:

Still no way to edit channels? Also has the option gone to press the green button during TV trailers to record that series?

Youview next generation was a complete platform rebuild in html5. The original platform was flash based. Obviously this will take time to bring certain features back as they need to be written in html5. Youview has confirmed hide channels, discover and action panel will return at some point however no timescale has been given or announced at present.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 July 2017, 4:19PM
    Claire T said:

Hi Claire, I can't say I recall that green button option you mentioned, perhaps others can? I obviously never used it, probably never spotted it!
    There was never a way to edit channels and I doubt that this will be introduced anytime soon, but as Daniel said the previous hide channels feature is slated to come back, is that what you meant? We have been waiting rather a long time for this, though. :-(
    edited 7 July 2017, 4:23PM
    Claire T said:

On some of the channels not all occasionally on some programs advertising you would get a notification in the top corner that you can press green to set a recording up. This was normally on channels from youview partners such as Channel 4. In all honesty I hardly used it. I normally set my recordings from the guide itself. Since next gen it appears this option is not available any longer. While I didn't find it useful I can appreciate others may have done especially if they use psb owned channels a lot.
    edited 7 July 2017, 7:42PM
    Claire T said:

redchiz>
    "Hi Claire, I can't say I recall that green button option you mentioned, perhaps others can?"
    BBC only... A bit like the red button pop-up. Well, a lot like it actually.
  • WayneWayne Member Posts: 82
    edited 7 July 2017, 8:20PM
    Claire T said:

As Daniel said, it was available on C4 as well.
    edited 7 July 2017, 8:28PM
    Claire T said:

Visionman I did definitely see it on channel 4 I remember setting Brooklyn nine nine up this way to record because by chance I seen a advertisement with the green button prompt on it. Other than that I never used it.
    edited 7 July 2017, 8:57PM
    Claire T said:

I believe you.
  • Claire TClaire T Member Posts: 4
    edited 7 July 2017, 10:06PM
    Claire T said:

It was really useful - rather than searching for the programme one click with the green button set it up. A small icon came up in the top left. Would love to see it return.

It was on c4 and BBC, can't remember if other channels.
    edited 7 July 2017, 10:21PM
    Claire T said:

ITV are rubbish anyway (generally). CH5 are in the process of change, being bought by Viacom and all that.
    I didn't know about CH4, so thanks for that.
  • Orange BucketOrange Bucket Member Posts: 24
    edited 7 July 2017, 10:37PM

My box keeps crashing since the update. I can't switch it on from the remote or the button on the front. I have to use the switch on the back and then wait for it to initialize. Not happy!

This sounds like the behaviour I have had a number of times since this update was installed on my T1010, the latest being this evening. A recording that should have been taking place wasn't and the box was just sitting in what looked like standby but it was completely unresponsive. The box has previously been given a maintenance reset since the update in an attempt to clear this problem but seemingly to no avail.