Set Recordings

Alan11Alan11 Member Posts: 13
edited 26 June 2017, 11:32AM in Support
Does the new software remove the  programs I have set to record when I do a retune as I have loads and I'm a bit wary to try it

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,377 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2017, 6:01PM
    No, not on a retune.

And even on a Maintenance Mode reset Options 1-4, which are much more drastic, it is being reported that the Schedule of programmes you have set to record is restored shortly afterwards, though I have not seen this for myself.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Alan11Alan11 Member Posts: 13
    edited 23 June 2017, 2:14PM
    Thanks Roy I tried it and all was okay but I've not come across the Maintenance Mode on my box which is a Humax DTRT 2000 running 28.26.0 software
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,377 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2017, 4:49PM
    Hi W A

You won't find Maintenance Mode on the box itself, but it is a set of rescue options that can be applied to misbehaving boxes which may hopefully get them behaving properly again, without the need for the full Factory Reset that is in the YouView Settings, but which is a bit of a nuclear option as it deletes all your recordings.

Hopefully you won't ever need Maintenance Mode, but it is useful to know it is there if you do. You can read about it here :-

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Robin2Robin2 Member Posts: 22
    edited 23 June 2017, 5:32PM
    Roy1 said:

No, not on a retune.

And even on a Maintenance Mode reset Options 1-4, which are much more drastic, it is being reported that the Schedule of programmes you have set to record is restored shortly afterwards, though I have not seen this for myself.

I've been having problems - mostly very slow 'navigating' - since update 28.26.0 arrived at my retail Humax T1010.  [I thought it was the heatwave, but by BT/Humax T1000 hasn't been giving me the same trouble.]  I did an option 4 maintenance mode rest this morning; it seems to have sorted out the slow navigation and I was pleasantly suprised to find a bit later that my recording schedule hadn't been deleted.  I feared this meant that the reset hadn't worked properly - which could of course still prove to be the case! - but your comment suggests that 28.26.0 at least has brought this small improvement.  Could you point me to the posts along these lines you were referring to please Roy.
    Thanks, Robin
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2017, 5:37PM
    Roy1 said:

No, not on a retune.

Hi Robin - someone asked a similar question here. Whilst there is not a definitive answer from YouView in that thread, my understanding is ones scheduled recording data is now synced to the cloud and hence is synced back to the box if one does a maintenance mode reset. The actual recordings themselves are not synced to the cloud so if you use a mode that wipes them then they are alas gone.
  • Robin2Robin2 Member Posts: 22
    edited 23 June 2017, 6:01PM
    Roy1 said:

No, not on a retune.

Thanks Keith.  I hadn't thought of that explanation, but it certainly makes sense of my own and others' experience (though I don't get incolved with all the mobile setting etc etc so can't comment on that).  Definitely a big plus resulting from NextGen using cloud storage. I used the internet-based recovery, keeping recordings, rather than the factory rests ditto, but presumably the scedule would still be retained with that approach?  And for that matter with modes where the recordings themselves are erased from the hard drive? 

It would be/have been helpful - and good publicity for them - if YouView had alerted users to this development, as it removes one irritation from using maintenenace mode when necessary.

Robin
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2017, 6:30PM
    Another small bit of good news about scheduled recordings, all bow to the cloud!