Wimbledon on the BBC.

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 578 ✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Discussion
I take it the BBC coverage of Wimbledon will be much the same as last year via the Youview box. With also the use of the BBC contented red but and on the red button channel 6021. I will be watching some of Wimbledon but will not see all of it as I will be at work during the day.

Darren

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 July 2017, 11:54PM
    always difficult to judge until they start broadcasting but I  believe on Youview the BBC coverage  will be  the regular freeview BBC 1 & 2 channels (SD &HD)  plus the red button freeview 601 (SD)  plus if you receive the COM8 Multiplex freeview 602 603 604 605 606 (SD). I suspect you will also have the Iplayer option to watch the current BBC1/2 Wimbledon programme live or from the beginning. The YouView BBC Sport App looks like that it will provide live coverage of 15 of the courts. I  think tomorrow play is scheduled on 17 courts so most will be broadcast. It is likely that the BBC Sport App HD quality feed will be superior to the Freeview SD red button channels.

Eurosport will also have a highlights programme.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    So maybe a good question is who you betting on this year lol I fancy a flutter.
    edited 17 July 2017, 6:49PM
    Well quality on the Youview BBC Sport App stream was indeed very good this morning.   I wonder did anybody set up a series record  on the main BBC Wimbledon programmes today. I believe the first program was the BBC 2 HD at 11:30 am today (youview  I description describes it as Day1 ,Part 1. That broadcast  is scheduled to last currently to c 8:30pm.  However as the BBC are currently using the same series CRID for their Wimbledon programmes on both the BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD channels you have on BBC 1 HD another programme in the (same) series  from 1:45pm to 6pm - that programme  description is Day 1 , Part 2. 

So we have a scenario whereby a subsequent programme in the series starts before the previous programme in the series finishes.  This has caused problems for other Freeview recording devices that use series linking  -  does anybody know how Youview handles this scenario.
  • WayneWayne Member Posts: 82
    edited 3 July 2017, 4:29PM
    zulu17 said:

Well quality on the Youview BBC Sport App stream was indeed very good this morning.   I wonder did anybody set up a series record  on the main BBC Wimbledon programmes today. I believe the first program was the BBC 2 HD at 11:30 am today (youview  I description describes it as Day1 ,Part 1. That broadcast  is scheduled to last currently to c 8:30pm.  However as the BBC are currently using the same series CRID for their Wimbledon programmes on both the BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD channels you have on BBC 1 HD another programme in the (same) series  from 1:45pm to 6pm - that programme  description is Day 1 , Part 2. 

So we have a scenario whereby a subsequent programme in the series starts before the previous programme in the series finishes.  This has caused problems for other Freeview recording devices that use series linking  -  does anybody know how Youview handles this scenario.

I set a series link for the bbc2 hd programme which has also link the bbc1 hd programme. Both programmes are currently recording.
    edited 3 July 2017, 4:39PM
    zulu17 said:

Thanks for confirming Wayne.