Itv hub not working on Sony TV

Chris CrawleyChris Crawley Posts: 2Member
edited 21 August 2017, 1:37PM in Support
When I open up the ITV Hub on my Android Sony TV, I cannot view anything on ITV1. A notification is displayed saying that I cannot watch ITV1 due to my region not being selected. When I follow the link to select my region, it already has my region is selected (Granada). I have tried deselecting my region and typing my postcode in again, without success, also tried logging out of my account & back in again... still no joy.

Any ideas please?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,834Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 July 2017, 11:44AM
    Have you got updates switched off on the set?

If so, switch them on again, let the software update, and see if you still have the issue.

There used to be a problem where the software misidentified some areas of the UK as being in Scotland, where you are supposed to watch the STV Player, not the ITV one, and so are prevented from watching ITV1.

But this should have been fixed long ago, hence my question.

If this is happening with fully up to date software, though, maybe you live in a little pocket that still has the issue? Tell community@youview.com your full postcode (don't post it here) referencing this thread, and let them check for you.

In the meantime, try a postcode from some way away - London, say, where I am sure the owners of EC3R 6YT won't mind you trying that - and see if that fools the TV :-)
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Darren ReynoldsDarren Reynolds Posts: 3Member
    edited 19 August 2017, 4:54PM
    I have exactly the same issue as above and live in the Granada region. You View customer support tried to help but deleting cache, data and resetting TV didn't help.
    Any body know if there's a fix?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,834Member ✭✭✭
    edited 19 August 2017, 5:49PM
    Lie about where you really live.

Unless the location server is using, and misidentifying, your IP address, it won't know where you really are.

You might get the wrong local news, but it's better than no Hub at all.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 20 August 2017, 7:57AM
    Thanks for the suggestion , I typed the above postcode into ITV hub and it changed to London region but still no access to ITV1.
    I also have the following issue that only BBC i player and Demand Five show up in the YouView players tab and if I try to use catch up services from any of the previous 7 days of the You View guide then all channels state "information not available".
    I can access all the individual catch up services via their own app icon with no issues except ITV1.
  • Chris CrawleyChris Crawley Posts: 2Member
    edited 21 August 2017, 1:37PM
    I contacted the ITV Hub & they gave me the following instructions:

Thanks for contacting ITV Hub.

Could you try the following below:
    Press Home on your remote
    Scroll down to 'Settings'
    In the TV section scroll right to 'Apps'
    Go to 'System Apps'
    Hold the right button and scroll to end to 'YVServiceHostAPK'
    Select 'Clear Cache' and press 'OK'
    Then select 'Clear Data' and press 'OK'

It worked for mine, hope it helps
    edited 20 August 2017, 6:32PM
    Worked a treat , many thanks
  • aroundaround Posts: 1Member
    Worked for me too.  Thanks for posting this solution, I now have several other players back in the youview guide again including itv