Android app can't connect to box

13»

Comments

• JohnnysodJohnnysod Posts: 7Member
    Same here. I uninstalled the app to try out a friends box (it didn't work either) but now I can't reconnect to my own box. 
    I think I may have used the code last time. 
    My other android v6 devices can connect but my 7.1.1 phone will not. A network scan from my phone can see the Youview box on the router. Not sure why the app isn't seeing the box. 
    Obviously my phone is the preferred device to manage my device (it was working fine! )  
    I was wondering if i can somehow clone the app and data from a v6 device.
    John 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,535Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 November 2018, 9:42PM
    Johnnysod said:
    Same here. I uninstalled the app to try out a friends box (it didn't work either) but now I can't reconnect to my own box. 
    I think I may have used the code last time. 
    My other android v6 devices can connect but my 7.1.1 phone will not. A network scan from my phone can see the Youview box on the router. Not sure why the app isn't seeing the box. 
    Obviously my phone is the preferred device to manage my device (it was working fine! )  
    I was wondering if i can somehow clone the app and data from a v6 device.
    John 

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18997832/#Comment_18997832

Except, perhaps, for the Plusnet bit, if you aren’t one of their subscribers, though contact BT or TalkTalk respectively if you are one of theirs.

YouView have unloaded much of their support obligations onto the ISPs, for those who have them as their ISPs (and not just those who are subscribers), so I don’t see why we Community responders can’t do the same  :p
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    edited 28 November 2018, 12:38PM
    My phone is an Oukitel k6 7.1.1
    The box is plugged into the router. 
    IP 192.168.0.9
    Phone ip 192.168.0.11
    My other older devices pair ok
    I'm struggling to think of the differences, newer android, 64 bit app etc
    My older Oukitel k6000 connects OK (7.0 64 bit) 
    The link to the zeroconf app no longer works. I am using network scanner. Is there anything special about the zeroconf app? 
    edited 29 November 2018, 11:13PM
    I've fixed it, and this might help others.

1. Turn on Airplane mode (swipe down from the top and click on the airoplane).
    2. This stops mobile data but also turns off WiFi, you need to re-enable it (swipe down and reconnect to your WiFi router).
    3 Once WiFi is enabled, rescan with the Youview app - it should discover your box.

Done

I had suspected that the phone was getting some of its data from the mobile network. By turning on flight mode it prevents the mobile network so all communication had to go through the WiFi.
    Hope this helps someone, its i great system when it works.

John
13»