Reorded programs not returning to point last watched

Pat3Pat3 Posts: 3Member
edited 26 August 2017, 5:47PM in Support
Since update when I go back to a part watched program it has returned to start of program not the point I finished watching it. Prior to update program started at point last watched.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,101Member ✭✭✭
    edited 13 July 2017, 11:54AM
    Hi Pat - sorry to hear of your problem.

I can confirm this is not a general issue, as it works fine on NextGen on my boxes, picking up where it left off when you Resume a part watched programme,

But you do have to be careful not to hold the OK button down for any length of time when restarting a part watched programme on NextGen, or it will now fly back to the start.

If it's not that, though, then try firstly a soft reset, and if that does not clear the issue, a Maintenance Mode Option 4, a more drastic reset, albeit one that does at least preserve your recordings.

The instructions for these two procedures can be found in the bottom Pinned posting on the Home Page of the Community.

Good luck, and do tell us how you get on!
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,355Member
    edited 13 July 2017, 4:10PM
    Hi Pat (and sorry Roy),

This is a known issue and is currently under investigation. Though note that it doesn't affect everyone and it doesn't happen all the time. So its a bug. A soft reset fixed it for me.
    edited 13 July 2017, 8:44PM
    No apology needed, Visionman - I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

But I'm intrigued by the idea that a hard bug, embedded in a release, is amenable to being corrected by a soft reset, which I have always thought of as clearing only transient issues in mildly deranged boxes..
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 181Member
    edited 13 July 2017, 9:31PM
    I don't seem to have this problem on my Youview box. A recording always starts from where I left off.
    I can also press the OK button to restart the recorded programme from the beginning.
    I have once in a while had the series link fail to record a show then recorded it if there is a +1 channel like with CBS Action.
    A soft reset of the Youview box I have found can 9 times out of 10 fix a problem with the box.
    I have set 2 or 3 programmes to record on the Youview box over the weekend. As I be away for a few days. As its a local holiday weekend up here in some parts of the country this weekend.

Darren
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 306Member
    edited 13 July 2017, 9:43PM
    Before retiring for the night while playing back a recording press the standby button.  The next day the recording will either play from 5 minutes after you were last viewing or play from the beginning.
    edited 14 July 2017, 5:40AM
    This is the worst kind of bug, which is an intermittent one.
    Never press the standby button whilst watching a recording. Always first press stop.
    And that includes the latency IP channels. Always first press stop.
    edited 14 July 2017, 5:40AM
    Visionman said:

This is the worst kind of bug, which is an intermittent one.
    Never press the standby button whilst watching a recording. Always first press stop.
    And that includes the latency IP channels. Always first press stop.

I didn't see Pat saying 'sometimes'.
  • Pat3Pat3 Posts: 3Member
    edited 14 July 2017, 8:07AM
    No,it's not intermittent it is consistent. I have noticed that this only happens on single recorded programs. If the recording is part of a series (ie if there is more than one program to watch then it works fine.
    edited 14 July 2017, 6:41PM
    Do you get this on all your recorded programmes when you stop them without finishing? Or just some of the single recordings?
  • Pat3Pat3 Posts: 3Member
    edited 17 July 2017, 7:59AM
    Sorry for late reply.. No,it's actually all the single recordings.