Hide Channels

13»

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭
    Sarah said:
    That's odd. I managed to do this yesterday when I was testing this particular function and it was fine for this example. @Graham Lees - Test (sorry!).

Are you using ' or " when doing this?

@Sarah Please reread my posting as it was a hell of a mess, and I had to edit it heavily as above. Apologies.

I am using "s and this is fine if I add them manually, so the question now seems to be why doesn't Graham Lees come up in the list?

These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,616 admin
    @Roy
    I know some user name lists are organised alphabetically and others are by activity level but the @mention doesn't seem to fit into those different instances so I'll ask Vanilla about this. Not all users will appear in the @mention list otherwise the list would be rather long. 

The reason it won't come up in the list when you're typing is most likely due to Vanilla not using spaces as part of usernames. As such, when you add the space, it thinks you've finished typing the name so the list will disappear. 
    "Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long."
    You can preview your post before posting it to make sure the @mention is there and linked to the user you want it to be linked to.
  • dreamtimedreamtime Member Posts: 205
    Don't people usually go on about posts off topic. What about the last 4 or 5 posts in this thread?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭
    dreamtime said:
    Don't people usually go on about posts off topic. What about the last 4 or 5 posts in this thread?
    Apologies, @dreamtime. As I said, we are chasing down a bug, and I don’t know how to quote across threads, and indeed, I don’t think it can be done.

But rather than disturb your ab origine repose any further, let’s see what I can manage,
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one