[Discussion] Humax software update 28.35.0

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,001Administrator admin
edited 2 October 2017, 8:35PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Please feel free to feedback on the latest Humax software update 28.35.0 in this thread.
Tagged:

Comments

• UrsaUrsa Posts: 71Member
    edited 18 September 2017, 7:55PM
    Getting there !

But when do BT Boxes get this ?
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,350Member, Champion mod
    edited 18 September 2017, 7:55PM
    It is great to see the hide channels feature back, plus the addition of easy unhiding too :)

Now I wonder when BT will decide this update should start pushing to 'their' boxes (and of course TalkTalk Huawei boxes need this asap too).
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,513Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 August 2017, 11:41PM
    Finally!
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,001Administrator admin
    edited 9 August 2017, 5:12PM
    Ursa said:

Getting there !

But when do BT Boxes get this ?

Hi Ursa,

BT boxes are now finishing rollout of the previous software, but will be receiving this update very soon! We'll update as soon as we can confirm the dates for this.

Phil
  • Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Posts: 190Member
    edited 9 August 2017, 11:41PM
    Hooray!
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    It should be noted this new 'Edit Channels' feature is to hide channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY.
    But the ability to unhide an individual channel (and not the lot) is a big improvement and a massive step forward for this returning feature.
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:25AM
    Visionman said:

It should be noted this new 'Edit Channels' feature is to hide channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY.
    But the ability to unhide an individual channel (and not the lot) is a big improvement and a massive step forward for this returning feature.

At least this shows people who have doubts about next generation and if youview are listening to the userbase that progress is happening even if it's just in the guide. I can't wait to see what is added next.
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:25AM
    Visionman said:

People will still complain Daniel. Its just the nature of internet forums. People rarely go to them for praise only. Though this news deserves it. :)
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭
    edited 9 August 2017, 6:00PM
    Visionman said:

Definitely right on both counts but it will be a victory in my opinion if one person changes there tune.
  • Terry RuaneTerry Ruane Posts: 1Member
    edited 9 August 2017, 8:46PM
    Visionman said:

My BT YouView box identifies a software update today 9.8.2017 but only downloads 1% of it and tells me to try later.  My second box has downloaded with no problem
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 815Member ✭✭
    edited 9 August 2017, 8:50PM
    Thank you for the retail release. I upgraded my retail Humax DTR1000 tonight.

one observation

On booting up after the update was selected a brief message appeared on top left hand side of TV which said

Unknown Route Startup

This disappeared within a few seconds and the box stated up with the new software.
    edited 9 August 2017, 9:08PM
    Visionman said:

Soft reboot your box. Just press and hold the power button on the box for 8 seconds.
    It should take just three minutes.
    edited 9 August 2017, 9:10PM
    Visionman said:

This update isn't available for BT boxes yet. This is up to now a retail only release. Which is normal.
  • Alan3Alan3 Posts: 21Member
    edited 28 August 2017, 6:40AM
    Great improvement,but can we please have the feature back where we could choose at what point to start watching a recording.
    edited 9 August 2017, 9:42PM
    Everyone wants everything back. This is a first step.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,395Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 August 2017, 9:59PM
    Visionman said:

Where tune? There tune.
  • CegCeg Posts: 184Member
    edited 9 August 2017, 11:03PM
    Alan3 said:

Great improvement,but can we please have the feature back where we could choose at what point to start watching a recording.

Hopefully in 8 months time!
  • Carrot CruncherCarrot Cruncher Posts: 5Member
    edited 13 August 2017, 6:41PM
    Sold mine today, it had to go, the latest new gen is hideous and has been stripped of features the box had when I bought it and I was given no choice in the matter, to continue with youview after that is just not kosher, the lack of regard for customers feelings is disgusting, good bye youview sorry it had to end this way but I cant let you treat me that way, if I do you will think you got away with it and you would be right ! 
    edited 10 August 2017, 7:07PM

Sold mine today, it had to go, the latest new gen is hideous and has been stripped of features the box had when I bought it and I was given no choice in the matter, to continue with youview after that is just not kosher, the lack of regard for customers feelings is disgusting, good bye youview sorry it had to end this way but I cant let you treat me that way, if I do you will think you got away with it and you would be right ! 

Please close the door on the way out. Ta.
  • Carrot CruncherCarrot Cruncher Posts: 5Member
    edited 9 August 2017, 11:48PM

Its that kind of pathetic attitude that shows your just a paid shill
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:48PM

Hey insulter, where have you moved to?
    edited 29 September 2017, 11:27PM
    Hide channels is what everyones been shouting for.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,344Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August 2017, 8:21PM

I love the way that people who hate NextGen can unload their boxes on to other unsuspecting punters without a single qualm.

So either the new owner will be a happy NextGen user, or they will feel as stiffed as the previous owner, and the hurt is just passed on :-(
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 10 August 2017, 7:46AM
    Visionman said:

and it will be interesting to see how much of the noise dies down with this EPG-only interim release, and how much continues until the feature is followed through completely.

About 70/30?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 10 August 2017, 6:27AM
    Visionman said:

Didn't the Beatles sing 'Hey, you've got to love your Hide away'? Or something like that....
    edited 10 August 2017, 6:28AM
    Visionman said:

Didn't the Beatles sing 'Hey, you've got to love your Hide away'? Or something like that....
  • StevefStevef Posts: 41Member
    edited 10 August 2017, 7:46AM
    Visionman said:

Me I'm loving it! The guide is where I go for changing channels so the fact the actual channel is still there does not worry me as I rarely flick through channels (with the channel =/- button) just to see what's on.
    And 4 years after I suggested the individual unhide option it's there - now I hope they apply a select all button on categories as I never understood a deselect all button without the select all option. I had to hide 74 "extras" on one box which took 159 clicks instead of what could have been 3!
  • StevefStevef Posts: 41Member
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:20AM
    Me I'm loving it! The guide is where I go for changing channels so the fact the actual channel is still there does not worry me as I rarely flick through channels (with the channel =/- button) just to see what's on. 
    And 4 years after I suggested the individual unhide option it's there - now I hope they apply a select all button on categories as I never understood a deselect all button without the select all option. I had to hide 74 "extras" on one box which took 159 clicks instead of what could have been 3!
  • PhilStationPhilStation Posts: 87Member
    Fantastic news.

There are plenty more little niggles that I have with the CurrentGen firmware, but visually, it is vastly more appealing than OldGen and feature wise it is getting there, slowly...

This does however go some way to fixing what was a huge annoyance for me. Especially since moving to PlusNet and the IP channel appearing in my guide. 

Now introduce wrap around browsing into my newly slimmed down guide and it'll be even better!
  • alal Posts: 1,257Member ✭✭
    I'm pleased the guide is now "fixed".
    Unfortunately the app now shows all the channels and is a bit unwieldy, I expect this will soon be fixed.
    I'm pleased that I can now directly select hidden channels (just in case), I hope this isn't "fixed".
    I never use up/down so I'm not worried what that does.
    Looking forward to what comes next!