[Discussion] Humax software update 28.35.0

Comments

• PhilStationPhilStation Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 8:14AM
    Ursa said:

Getting there !

But when do BT Boxes get this ?

I believe it was around a month (give or take) last time so hopefully no longer this time. 
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:32AM
    Visionman said:

It should be noted this new 'Edit Channels' feature is to hide channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY.
    But the ability to unhide an individual channel (and not the lot) is a big improvement and a massive step forward for this returning feature.

I think your thinking of the 1965 Beatles classic called You've Got to Hide Your Love Away written by John Lennon. This song is track 3 on the help album.
  • stokesd3stokesd3 Member Posts: 137
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:38PM
    Ursa said:

Getting there !

But when do BT Boxes get this ?

2 months if you're at the back end of the rollout like me. Only just got 28.26.0 lol
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Do hidden channels still annoyingly appear in search results? Just so I know whether it's an update worth waiting for :-)
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:46PM
    stokesd3 said:

Do hidden channels still annoyingly appear in search results? Just so I know whether it's an update worth waiting for :-)

Yes they do. At present hidden channels only applies to the guide. All other areas including the search show your hidden channels.
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:50PM

Fantastic news.

There are plenty more little niggles that I have with the CurrentGen firmware, but visually, it is vastly more appealing than OldGen and feature wise it is getting there, slowly...

This does however go some way to fixing what was a huge annoyance for me. Especially since moving to PlusNet and the IP channel appearing in my guide. 

Now introduce wrap around browsing into my newly slimmed down guide and it'll be even better!

I personally would hate if wrap around specifically on the guide is introduced. I like been able to press up from BBC one to access the filters.
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:54PM
    al said:

I'm pleased the guide is now "fixed".
    Unfortunately the app now shows all the channels and is a bit unwieldy, I expect this will soon be fixed.
    I'm pleased that I can now directly select hidden channels (just in case), I hope this isn't "fixed".
    I never use up/down so I'm not worried what that does.
    Looking forward to what comes next!

Up and down certainly should be fixed in my opinion but I like the idea of been able to press a channel number in just in case you need one time access to a station. It would also be fantastic if a select all was introduced to go with the deselect all incase you want to hide all the shopping channels as a example.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 12:58PM
    Visionman said:

It should be noted this new 'Edit Channels' feature is to hide channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY.
    But the ability to unhide an individual channel (and not the lot) is a big improvement and a massive step forward for this returning feature.

Whoosh..... :-)
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:02PM

Fantastic news.

There are plenty more little niggles that I have with the CurrentGen firmware, but visually, it is vastly more appealing than OldGen and feature wise it is getting there, slowly...

This does however go some way to fixing what was a huge annoyance for me. Especially since moving to PlusNet and the IP channel appearing in my guide. 

Now introduce wrap around browsing into my newly slimmed down guide and it'll be even better!

If they limited it to the page turns then they could please us both perhaps?

Personally I don't use the filters, there is just not enough channels that I watch to make it worth while.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:21PM
    stokesd3 said:

Annoying that isn't it, a bit half baked really
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August 2017, 9:31PM
    I might be being dim here, but why is something you search for appearing on an otherwise hidden channel be such an annoyance?
    edited 10 August 2017, 7:14PM
    Because if I don't subscribe to IP channels, I don't want the results to show up in my search results.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:10PM
    redchiz said:

I might be being dim here, but why is something you search for appearing on an otherwise hidden channel be such an annoyance?

Because if I don't subscribe to IP channels, I don't want their content to show up in my search results.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:15PM
    redchiz said:

Content that is also available on a non-IP channel? Sorry, genuinely not understanding here.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:16PM
    redchiz said:

Also I hide the SD channels as only record HD so don't need to see em at all. To me hidden should mean err hidden ha
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:16PM
    stokesd3 said:

I can take it or leave it then :-P
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:20PM
    redchiz said:

If I search for a show and choose to view broadcast results, as opposed to on demand, it will show me showings on channels that I do not subscribe to as well as those that are available.

Why would I want to see results for channels that I cannot watch and have therefore hidden?

I can see the argument for freeview channels that you may not consider yourself to watch but may do if presented with a show you like in search but for IP channels I don't understand why you would want that?
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:20PM
    redchiz said:

Ah right, so seeing the same programme listed under both BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD? A filter for that would be handy to be honest.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:23PM
    redchiz said:

PhilStation, can you give us an example?
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:25PM
    redchiz said:

When one foot in the grave was showing on yesterday (which it no longer is) a search would also bring up results from Gold. An IP channel I do not have available to me and therefore this result is useless to me.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:25PM
    redchiz said:

Whatever method they choose is fine by me. Not sure how the filter would work mind as it would just be the same as hiding them.

As for IP channels I'm guessing they want you to see where you could be watching it if you paid a little extra.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:26PM
    redchiz said:

If I go into a shop, do I want to see what I could have bought if I had driven the extra 50 miles to another store? No I don't, I want to see what I can buy in the store I've gone into.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:27PM
    redchiz said:

Thanks Phil, understand what you mean now, not so much the "problem" though, surely you just select Yesterday and away you go?
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:28PM
    redchiz said:

Stokesd3 - That is entirely possible, but it actually has the effect of pushing me towards freeview play...
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:29PM
    redchiz said:

Advertising does work. Well it must.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:32PM
    redchiz said:

Redchiz - the problem comes when it's on one a week on a channel you can watch and 10 times a day on another and you are just trying to check what times it's on.

If it's on at 9pm and I search at mid day, there could be 8 showings ahead of it in the search results that are completely irrelevant to me. If I search on a Thursday and it's not on until the next Tuesday on the channel I can watch, can you imagine how many results there are ahead of it?!
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:35PM
    redchiz said:

Series link it? But seriously see what you're saying.
    edited 10 August 2017, 2:14PM
    redchiz said:

Al - I didn't say it didn't work, if that's the intention though, then I find that disappointing.
    edited 10 August 2017, 1:37PM
    redchiz said:

I take your point, although it seems a little extreme, unless it's NCIS? ;)

I have to say that it is not something which unduly bothers me. If you search for something like Coronation Street it will come up multiple times also. We are in the realms of minor issues now are we not?
    edited 10 August 2017, 2:16PM
    redchiz said:

I said it's annoying, never said it wasn't minor. My son is currently being annoying, and he's still a minor, the two aren't mutually exclusive. ;-p