[Discussion] Humax software update 28.35.0

Comments

• Geraldine Hearn2Geraldine Hearn2 Member Posts: 3
    edited 10 August 2017, 8:03PM
    redchiz said:

I might be being dim here, but why is something you search for appearing on an otherwise hidden channel be such an annoyance?

It is lovely having the edit button back but the upgrade has deleted all my recordings and scheduled recordings which isn't so good.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2017, 8:10PM
    redchiz said:

I might be being dim here, but why is something you search for appearing on an otherwise hidden channel be such an annoyance?

Its not the update which has caused this. Soft reboot your box by pressing and holding the power button on the box for 8 seconds.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:32PM
    This is an observation....
    Because of the lack of this feature there have been rafts of complaints about it.
    Now that its here, theres hardly been a murmur. Internet forums are strange places....
  • CegCeg Member Posts: 184
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:14PM
    Visionman said:

Because of the lack of this feature there have been rafts of complaints about it.
    Now that its here, theres hardly been a murmur. Internet forums are strange places....

People don't generally come on to Internet fora to praise. Perhaps they are reserving any praise as this was only one of a number of features removed by the upgrade, and it has taken 8 months to roll it out.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2017, 11:49AM
    Keith1 said:

It is great to see the hide channels feature back, plus the addition of easy unhiding too :)

Now I wonder when BT will decide this update should start pushing to 'their' boxes (and of course TalkTalk Huawei boxes need this asap too).

Might BT miss out 28.26.0 for their T1000s and go straight from 27.50.0 to 28.35.0?
    edited 10 August 2017, 11:32PM
    Visionman said:

Praise? On an internet forum? That'll be a first...  :) 
  • Geraldine Hearn2Geraldine Hearn2 Member Posts: 3
    edited 11 August 2017, 5:30AM
    redchiz said:

Thank you, Visionman. I tried that but still no saved recordings or scheduled recordings though it accepts instructions re future recordings.
     If only we could remember which series we were watching!
  • momistmomist Member Posts: 139
    edited 14 August 2017, 8:26AM
    Gremlins are BACK!  I noticed I had got the new software on my T1010 yesterday.  Today, the box would not switch on (again! grrr) without a power down reset once more.  My level 4 reset some weeks ago had supposedly cured this, after the previous 'upgrade'.  Do I really have to do that again?
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,656 admin
    edited 11 August 2017, 3:17PM
    momist said:

Gremlins are BACK!  I noticed I had got the new software on my T1010 yesterday.  Today, the box would not switch on (again! grrr) without a power down reset once more.  My level 4 reset some weeks ago had supposedly cured this, after the previous 'upgrade'.  Do I really have to do that again?

Hi momist,

Can you have a quick read through what the users on this thread are describing with their boxes and let me know if yours is doing the same thing? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 11 August 2017, 7:59PM
    momist said:

Sorry for your problems, momist. Even though there have been the same reports from others on the forum with first generation boxes with earlier updates, its not actually a indictment of the model and such behavior appears to be random.
    Your the first T1xxx user to report a problem with this one. How old is your box?
    edited 11 August 2017, 3:14PM
    momist said:

Sarah, that link is broken on my laptop.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,656 admin
    edited 11 August 2017, 3:17PM
    momist said:

Oops! Edited it now :) 
  • dreamtimedreamtime Member Posts: 205
    edited 29 September 2017, 11:27PM
    Am I missing something here as my channels are not hiding. As I go up the channel list they are still there using channel up and down buttons. Odd.
    Am I missing something here as my channels are not hiding. As I go up the channel list they are still y here using channel up and down buttons. Odd.
  • Nick7Nick7 Member Posts: 88
    edited 11 August 2017, 4:34PM
    I don't give a hoot about hiding channels. Give us suggesting alternate programmes back next! (Please)
  • PhilStationPhilStation Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited 11 August 2017, 3:55PM
    dreamtime said:

Am I missing something here as my channels are not hiding. As I go up the channel list they are still there using channel up and down buttons. Odd.

They only hide in the guide so if you are using the mini guide they still show unfortunately.
    dreamtime said:

What a waste of a wait that was then.
    edited 11 August 2017, 4:01PM
    dreamtime said:

Would you like them to take it back, if its so useless? Off your box I mean?
    dreamtime said:

I would prefer them to be hidden as promised to be returning.
    edited 11 August 2017, 4:19PM
    dreamtime said:

Would you like them to take it back?
    edited 11 August 2017, 7:21PM
    dreamtime said:

I would just settle for some transparency and clarity as to whether the current implementation, is all its ever going to be. But I doubt YV will offer that.
    edited 13 August 2017, 8:52PM
    dreamtime said:

Seems like we waited a long time for an update that is part finished. Just like the update to next gen was.
    edited 11 August 2017, 4:48PM
    PhilStation>
    "I would just settle for some transparency and clarity as to whether the current implementation, is all its ever going to be. But I doubt YV will offer that."
    I'll offer that, if you want it.
    edited 11 August 2017, 4:52PM
    Well go on then?
    Its a work in progress and will continue to evolve into other areas. And this release is only the start of it.
    I actually agree with YouView doing this, as the main guide is the way the majority access their channels. But now, if I may, to ask you a question, would you rather have Hide Channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY, or preferred to have waited months until Hide Channels permeates all other areas?
    There is no right or wrong answer here, btw. I just wondered what your preference would be...
    In this scenario, I would rather have what we have been given because a partial implementation is better than nothing at all.

That said, it is frustrating that the new software launched without features we had all come to expect. Initially promises were made regarding the restoration of features but I did not realise even those individual features were going to be staggered over multiple releases until the originally capability is restored (and hopefully exceeded).

The new software is, visually, a very attractive UI and I like that side of it a lot and I believe it is deserving of the awards it has won in that respect. Youview should not however be celebrated for a partial reintroduction of a feature we had had for years and only lost because they decided to roll out the new software without it.
    edited 11 August 2017, 5:28PM
    Thanks for the info by the way VM. Can I ask however how you know this?
    I take all yours points on board, and agree with many of them. Though it should be noted the new 'Edit Channels' in the guide only (I really don't like that name) has exceeded its previous version by giving a user the ability to unhide a single channel only, as opposed to the lot. Its work in progress to be sure but will continue to evolve.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info by the way VM. Can I ask however how you know this?

If he told you he'd have to shoot you ....
    edited 11 August 2017, 5:48PM
    i agree in that respect, it is an improvement over what was available before. The difficulty YV have is that they had a cracking first go at things and people like myself, moved to the platform because of this. When the second album came along, they decided to release a run of EPs rather than a proper, complete, follow up.