Demand 5 Blaze content

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
edited 16 September 2017, 12:50PM in Discussion
Will the recently announced agreement resulting in Blaze Tv catch-up content being available on Demand 5 mean that it will also be available on the Youview Demand 5 player and will the available programmes be linked to the player in the Youview EPG for Blaze ?

http://tbivision.com/news/2017/09/cha...

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,361Administrator admin
    edited 7 September 2017, 10:06AM
    Hi zulu17,

Blaze TV is currently only available on My5 and is not currently available on the Demand5 player. If you'd like to see this on Demand5 as well as My5, please contact Channel 5

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 797Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 September 2017, 11:58AM
    Hi zulu17,

Perhaps a better question to ask Channel 5 would be when are they going to upgrade the Demand5 player on YouView to My5?

I can confirm that Blaze is indeed now available in My5 on my Samsung TV. (Smug Face).

John.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 4:07PM
    It's still Demand 5 on Freesat and on my new Panasonic tv (Freeview Play). You would think by now all platforms would have been updated to My5.
    B)
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 6:31PM
    For what it's worth I did contact channel 5.

Their response was effectively to say they don't respond to enquiries due the volume of correspondence they receive and suggestion that I might find an answer on their websites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 7:23PM
    Top class customer service by 5, NOT!!!
    B)
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    edited 16 September 2017, 12:50PM
    Poor that, but if you've ever contacted any of the commercial PSBs about any of their Players features, the above is pretty much the standard response. That, or they'll just copy and paste you a company BS email that has not one jot to do with your query.
    Only the BBC genuinely respond to customer queries and they are very good at it.  
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,361Administrator admin
    Just to update you here, there has been an update to the Demand 5 app today which has had it re-branded to My5 :)

This allows users to access content from Channel 5, 5USA, 5STAR, 5Spike and Blaze.

The slate under Players & Apps may be a little slow to update itself to the My5 slate instead of Demand 5 however, if your go into the Player, it should appear as My5. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Just to update you here, there has been an update to the Demand 5 app today which has had it re-branded to My5 :)

This allows users to access content from Channel 5, 5USA, 5STAR, 5Spike and Blaze.

The slate under Players & Apps may be a little slow to update itself to the My5 slate instead of Demand 5 however, if your go into the Player, it should appear as My5. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    @sarah May I suggest starting a new thread about this.
    People might not pick up on it here.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    @sarah  thanks for the update. Good to see it launch with additional catchup and exclusives.

I did have a look at their (C5) announcement at
    https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005851025-My5-on-Youview

One other feature i did notice that within the player under Settings > Player Settings there are  options to  Show subtitles if available  and Play audio description if available  .  Not sure if there is any content where it is available on the Youview My5 Player though.