BT Humax DTR T1000 Firmware update while on TalkTalk

barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
edited 12 September 2017, 9:12AM in Support
BT Humax  DTR T1000 Firmware update while on TalkTalk

I bought the above box new off e-bay and used it with Plusnet no subscription,
I then moved to TalkTalk. When the update re-branded  it as a TalkTalk box.
I later took out a TalkTalk £5 a month TV subscription cancelled after the first month to obtain a free TalkTalk box, this has updated to the new firmware.
Whereas the DTR T1000 is still on the 27.50 firmware, does anyone have any idea if and when the T1000 will be updated? Also could there be any conflict with having the two boxes running on the same router re the updates? Thanks

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 September 2017, 11:46AM
    Hi Barry,
    The roll out for the BT Retail T1000 to 28.26.0 hasn't started yet, but it has been confirmed both on here and the BT forum that they are working on it.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Peter WellsPeter Wells Member Posts: 9
    edited 10 September 2017, 2:19PM
    Visionman. Do you mean both BT AND retail boxes? I have a directly supplied T1000 which were later retailed without the BT branding. Mine's a replacement from Humax for a faulty pre-launch trial unit.

There are different update rollout schedules for retailed and BT T1000s. The best way for Barry to check is to try a manual update. If a newer version has been released it will down load and install.
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 10 September 2017, 3:44PM
    Thanks to both of you. I do try to manually update periodically but nothing yet.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 September 2017, 4:53PM
    Barry, you need to look at this page:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...

and determine if you have a BT ex-subscription T1000 or a BT Retail T1000, by checking the Variant number against the Device Info in Settings on your box.

Being on TalkTalk won't make any difference to your rollout schedule, if any, as this always depends on the initial provenance of the box.

Visionman, you also need to look at this page, as it conflicts with what you said above.

Oh, and 27.50.0 Isn't firmware, Barry, its software. While Humax may provide revised firmware in some releases, the release number being quoted is for the YouView software.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 10 September 2017, 5:06PM
    Yes it is a BT ex-subscription box, and yes I meant software not firmware.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 September 2017, 7:02PM
    Roy, Peter, barry
    My apologies, the BT retail unit roll out is in progress. Its the BT only T1000 that isn't yet.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.