DanielDaniel Posts: 1,670Member ✭✭
edited 24 September 2017 in Discussion

Comments

• john murphyjohn murphy Posts: 14Member
    edited 10 September 2017
    Go on !!!
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,670Member ✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017
    I'm officially leaving bt. I have my switching date. My new provider has agreed to pay £100 towards the termination costs and my family are splitting the rest as a early Christmas present.

So IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE IM FREE
  • john murphyjohn murphy Posts: 14Member
    edited 24 September 2017
    Congrats. I still have 11 months to go :O(
    edited 10 September 2017

Congrats. I still have 11 months to go :O(

I feel for you mate. I have had a long list of issues I found the other day I had to contact them 850 times in 11 months as if I have nothing better to do.
    edited 24 September 2017
    My new provider doesn't have a pay TV youview service so I would appreciate it if someone could possibly post some photographs of how next generation looks minus the IP branding.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,272Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,278Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017
    You seem delighted Daniel and I certainly don't want to rain on your parade, but unless you have moved to Virgin Media then your broadband service will still be subject to the dead hand of BT Openreach. And why so coy, you're amongst friends after all. :)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,962Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017
    850 times in 11 months? I think if I were BT, I'd give you £100 to go away :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
    edited 10 September 2017
    Roy1 said:

850 times in 11 months? I think if I were BT, I'd give you £100 to go away :-)

The stuff was there doing. I would have been happy to have gone sooner but they wouldn't budge. Smart talk still don't work to this day even though they thought they fixed it multiple times. As a customer I have a right to expect stuff to actually work correctly.
    edited 10 September 2017
    redchiz said:

You seem delighted Daniel and I certainly don't want to rain on your parade, but unless you have moved to Virgin Media then your broadband service will still be subject to the dead hand of BT Openreach. And why so coy, you're amongst friends after all. :)

Are you saying you want to know where I'm off because if so I'm going to Vodafone. I'm also able to claim a free sonos speaker after my cooling off period expires.
    edited 10 September 2017
    Visionman said:
    Thanks VM
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,272Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017
    Roy>
    "850 times in 11 months? I think if I were BT, I'd give you £100 to go away :-)"
    Not talking about Daniel here, but that has actually been known.
    edited 10 September 2017
    Visionman said:

Roy>
    "850 times in 11 months? I think if I were BT, I'd give you £100 to go away :-)"

To give a better comparison my previous provider before bt I only contacted twice. I took a 12 month contract that year. I phoned once to subscribe and once at the end of the contract to double check the contract had expired before I switched to bt. To be fair everything the previous provider sold me worked without a problem.
    edited 10 September 2017
    Visionman said:
    Also I guess if I do a maintenance mode reset the bt video is history. That video was annoying.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 177Member
    edited 10 September 2017
    Visionman said:

Roy>

Daniel I don't know anyone that's went with Vodafone for there ISP. Most people I know have either BT,Sky, PlusNet or Virgin Media. Let us know if Vodafone is any good as an ISP.

Darren
    edited 11 September 2017
    Visionman said:

Roy>

I will do I will even post how many times I have to phone.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 799Member ✭✭
    edited 12 September 2017
    Hi Daniel, just curious...
    How does your new deal compare with this: http://tinyurl.com/yacqkzg9 ?
    edited 24 September 2017
    I was just about to switch to Plusnet.
    But thanks to Daniel I've just found this bargain deal for unlimited fibre 38Mbps:
    https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals

(!)
    edited 12 September 2017
    jimb said:

But thanks to Daniel I've just found this bargain deal for unlimited fibre 38Mbps:

(!)

Yeah, saw that in the paper today, pretty keen.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,962Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 September 2017
    jimb said:

(!)

I see BT are still keeping people in my postcode all to themselves :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
    edited 12 September 2017
    jimb said:

(!)

Mine is costing£30 because I opted for the faster speed and I got the previous free gift offer which ran out the day I ordered. I'm going to get a speaker but even still is cheaper than what I'm getting charged for infinity 2 and line rental from bt as well as I'm hoping to not go gray any quicker because I don't have to deal with bt.
    edited 12 September 2017
    Roy, do you not have the option of Plusnet and maybe EE? Not that i would recommend either of them to anyone. But as they are part of BT they do often feature as an "alternative" where no others do. Like where my mum and dad live in the wilds of North Wales.
  • PhilStationPhilStation Posts: 55Member
    edited 13 September 2017
    I was a Vodafone broadband user until this month when I switched to Plusnet.

I had an issue with the initial order but that was resolved swiftly, for the 9 months I was with them, I never once had cause to call them. The router is a nice piece of kit (as far as ISP provided routers go anyway) and the service delivered all that was promised. I would have stayed but they hiked the price mid-contract and I took the 30 day get out card and grabbed the cashback to move to Plusnet.
    edited 12 September 2017

I had an issue with the initial order but that was resolved swiftly, for the 9 months I was with them, I never once had cause to call them. The router is a nice piece of kit (as far as ISP provided routers go anyway) and the service delivered all that was promised. I would have stayed but they hiked the price mid-contract and I took the 30 day get out card and grabbed the cashback to move to Plusnet.

Thanks - that's very useful information.
  • DavidBDavidB Posts: 69Member
    edited 13 September 2017

Do Vodafone provide email or do you have to use alternatives?
  • PhilStationPhilStation Posts: 55Member
    edited 13 September 2017

I am not sure TBH. I don't use the ISP email services as I find it another thing to tie me in with staying. I tend to switch alot so stick with GMail for emails.
  • Dave Howes2Dave Howes2 Posts: 246Member
    edited 24 September 2017
    It's surprising how different user experiences can be. We've been with BT for fourteen years now, and only had to call them three times - twice for trees damaging the line, and once back in the early days for a mysterious router fault. Each time they sorted it out within 24 hours. Despite being in the middle of nowhere we get a stable 68 - 76mps, 24-7.
    I've also just ditched Vodafone for my mobile, having used them since 1998, due to increasingly bad coverage, culminating in a three week total service outage, combined with a massive price hike. BT offer me a better service (more calls, texts and data) for £5 a month on our BT bill than Vodafone were providing for £31. Coverage is far better as well.
    Personally I would never dream of recommending anyone else.......
    edited 13 September 2017

It's surprising how different user experiences can be. We've been with BT for fourteen years now, and only had to call them three times - twice for trees damaging the line, and once back in the early days for a mysterious router fault. Each time they sorted it out within 24 hours. Despite being in the middle of nowhere we get a stable 68 - 76mps, 24-7.
    I've also just ditched Vodafone for my mobile, having used them since 1998, due to increasingly bad coverage, culminating in a three week total service outage, combined with a massive price hike. BT offer me a better service (more calls, texts and data) for £5 a month on our BT bill than Vodafone were providing for £31. Coverage is far better as well.

If you're in the middle of nowhere it would probably be fruitless recommending anyone else.......
    edited 13 September 2017

If you're in the middle of nowhere it would probably be fruitless recommending anyone else.......

Apart from BT associates of course.
    edited 13 September 2017

To be fair I was recommended by family members who don't have a bad word to say about Vodafone. Of course all companies are going to have happy and unhappy customers it's just the nature of the beast. When one has a low opinion of a service it's very difficult to change that persons view. Unfortunately my time with bt has been poor but that's obviously my view especially with the amount of stuff not working and the amount of phone calls to them. Been in Hartlepool a lot of the providers operate here and I felt it was time for a change and I'm happy with my choice just as your happy with bt.