'Edit Profile' - Cannot change user name

AndyAndy Posts: 15Member
edited 23 December 2017, 11:26AM in Feedback
From information I've seen within the community, it seems to me that I should be able to change my default assigned user name, but I cannot. My username is actually my old username with an added number to make it unique, I suppose.

Is this the expected behaviour for now, in the infancy of the forum, or would this be an error or bug with the forum on my account.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,344Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2017, 8:06AM
    Whichever it is, which I am sure @Sarah will be along to tell us, it isn’t just you, it’s everybody.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭
    I just looked at my profile and I can't edit mine either I wonder if the forum has been set up to allow only administrators the option to edit usernames only.

Thankfully I don't intend to change my username anyway. 
  • WayneWayne Posts: 77Member
    Sarah has said, regarding changing your username, that "..it worked before we went live.." and "I'll have a look into why users cannot change it themselves" 
  • AndyAndy Posts: 15Member
    Cheers everyone. Seem to be a common issue, so I'll just sit back and wait :)
  • AndyAndy Posts: 15Member
    Didn't have to wait long lol - I can now change it :)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,344Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2017, 5:06PM
    It let me change mine also, as a test, if not quite to what I wanted.

But it got quite bewildered when I changed it back  :D
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭
    It's now allowing me to edit if I want to.