Dtr2110 not downloading software update

bluel39bluel39 Posts: 3Member
Hi
I have just bought a youview BT box and cannot get passed 2% on downloading software update. 

Have tried option 4 in maintenance mode but that just hangs. 

It seems to connect to the Internet successfully, I can schedule recordings via phone app for example. 
I wonder if anyone has any further ideas? Can you download separately and use a USB stick for instance? 
I am with plusnet. 

Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,544Member ✭✭✭
    What error message is shown?
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • bluel39bluel39 Posts: 3Member
    Sorry, an error occurred while trying to update your software. Please try again later.

Downloading failed. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,089Member ✭✭✭
    Have you tried rebooting your hub followed by a soft reset of the box (press and hold the power button)?
  • bluel39bluel39 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks! That worked.
    Wow it's very different from what it came with. Take some getting used to. 

I was having problems with signal strength, but that seems a lot better today . Is that random chance or is the updated software something to do with it? (I was getting 35% earlier but now over 75%)

Thanks again.  
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,544Member ✭✭✭
    Same actual strength, new baseline with NextGen.

But what matters is the Quality, which should be 100%
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • wpaul07wpaul07 Posts: 1Member
    Visionman said:
    Have you tried rebooting your hub followed by a soft reset of the box (press and hold the power button)?
    This was the solution for me as well Cheers!