Problem with picture going off screen on playback, on BT DTR 4000 Box.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 191Member
Hello,
the other day I was watch the highlights of the football on BT Sport 1 that I had recorded, I had about 5mins left to the end of the recording and without any warning the picture on my TV went off, so I tried to stop the recording from playing but could not the remote control was dead and did not work at all, to fix the problem I had to switch the BT DTR4000 box off at the back I waited 30 seconds then switch the BT DTR4000 box back on and the problem was gone.

Was it a problem with my BT home Hub 5 or a problem with my BT DTR4000 box, so far the problem has not come back that not to say that the problem would come back, 

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks 

Matthew    

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    @MATTHEW

While BT Home Hubs are a steaming pile of manure, the fact that what you were watching was a recording, that the YouView box went unresponsive, and that the issue was resolved by operating on the box with no operations on the Hub, strongly suggest this was a box issue.

I note that you do not consider the TV as a possible source of the problem, but the same considerations as above apply to probably exonerate it.

“Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 191Member
    Hi Roy,
    Do you think that the hard drive in the box is going , or is the box has a fault.
    Please can you let me know.

Thanks 

Matthew
    edited 29 December 2017, 11:37AM
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi Roy,
    Do you think that the hard drive in the box is going , or is the box has a fault.
    Please can you let me know.

Thanks 

Matthew
    Stuff happens - but see if it happens again.

We watched Countdown yesterday on a recording, and it shivered in the middle, for a few seconds. It shouldn’t do that. So I’m keeping my eye on it, in case it does it again, but I’m not ordering a replacement box just yet.....
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Hi Roy 
    I think this problem is now fixed, now that I have the Netgear router installed, 
    Thanks again.
    Matthew
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi Roy 
    I think this problem is now fixed, now that I have the Netgear router installed, 
    Thanks again.
    Matthew
    Thinking again about your issue, a recording from BT TV always phones home to check you are allowed to watch it.

Maybe it keeps phoning home, in case your subscription suddenly ceases when you are halfway through?

In which case, if your Home Hub blipped, this would bring your viewing of this recording to an end. So maybe things would be better with the Netgear, which does not blip like the Home Hub does.

But I would have expected an error message, and your remedial actions didn’t involve the Hub, so it still does not sound quite like a Hub issue.
    Hi 
    with this problem BT have found that the download speed is only 3.9 and should be much higher, BT are looking in to the problem and will try to fix it.
    Will keep you updated.

Thanks 

matthew
    HI Roy,
    BT have fixed the download speed yesterday, the download speed is now 25.97. so far the internet is much faster.
    Will keep you updated.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    MATTHEW said:
    HI Roy,
    BT have fixed the download speed yesterday, the download speed is now 25.97. so far the internet is much faster.
    Will keep you updated.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    Great!

Until next week when BT bring you a new one, your YouView box can now fail to work properly much faster than it failed to work properly before  :p
    Hi Roy,
    Spoke to BT and they are going to send me the box DTR 2110 as there are more problems with the DTR 4000 box will keep you updated.

Thanks 

Matthew