No subscription channels

bennywolfbennywolf Posts: 10Member
Hi ive had no channels since november 7th ive had bt and 5 engineers out they said its the exchange but nothings being done im tired of talktalks excuses back and forth saying different things ive done everything engineers have said but still getting nowhere please help its now saying ipc6023 and thats when engineers says the exchange 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,331Member ✭✭✭
    bennywolf said:
    Hi ive had no channels since november 7th ive had bt and 5 engineers out they said its the exchange but nothings being done im tired of talktalks excuses back and forth saying different things ive done everything engineers have said but still getting nowhere please help its now saying ipc6023 and thats when engineers says the exchange 
    Have you worked through the YouView help for IPC6023?

What speeds do you get from the referenced checker?

I take it you mean ‘no internet channels’, and broadcast channels are OK?

What happens if you try to use the catchup Players? Are these OK or not?

If they are, you likely have a multicast problem; as long as you are using the supplied TalkTalk router, configured as they recommend, the issue is firmly in TalkTalk’s lap to fix, either at their end, or by them leaning on BT Overreach.

And time to start taking to TalkTalk not just about them waiving your subscription fees for the time being, but actual financial compensation for all your troubles (unless you have freelanced your router, that is).

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • bennywolfbennywolf Posts: 10Member
    Ive had bt come out and they said it was talk talks problem ive been passed from pillar to post and i am getting nowhere ive now had no tv for 2 months and they refuse to take responsability the engineers said its the exchange but still nothing 
    Its all my channels on the box sky sports boost and entertainment boost just black screen then says ipc6023 
    The on demand works and landlone and broadband but its something between box and rpoter but ive had a new rooter and engineers said the box is fine its the exchange 
    Tried everything again still getting nowhere please help as im tired without anything and paying for something that doesn't work
  • StephenStephen Posts: 644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Has it worked in the past or is it a new installation/setup? If it used to work, were there any changes at your end when the service stopped?

2. You said you got a new router - from where, did TalkTalk send you this? What model is it?

3. Do you have any other devices between the router and the box - homeplugs / wifi dongles, or is it just a single network cable?
    edited 30 December 2017, 3:17PM
    bennywolf said:
    Tried everything again still getting nowhere please help as im tired without anything and paying for something that doesn't work
    Could you possibly answer the questions I asked you?

It is impossible to move forward without that information; though be aware that it may not be possible to move forward even with it.

Do you have a named person in TalkTalk who is tasked with gaining a resolution for you? It seems a not unreasonable thing, after six or more weeks of no progress, to ask TalkTalk to nominate someone to take firm ownership of your issue.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Yes its worked from January and it just went of on november 7th and yes talk talk sent the rooter the model is DSL_3782 and no other devices only the ethernet wire from talk talk to the box from the rooter 
    The speeds are full and the on demand works fine and yes the internet channels that doesn't work freeview are ok through my areial 
    edited 1 January 2018, 10:57PM
    OK, so no multicast support due to an exchange fault.

But how feasible is it that there are no other affected users on that exchange?

With a supplementary question of why can’t TalkTalk get BT Openreach to fix the kit that TalkTalk are paying them to maintain on their behalf?

Or is there TalkTalk Equipment in the exchange, through VULA or LLU?

In which case the question becomes how feasible is it that there are no other affected TalkTalk users on that exchange? 

With a supplementary of why can’t TalkTalk go and fix their own kit?

Either way, time to involve Ofcom, I think.
    Yes a previous engineer said its exchange and hi had bt come out on monday 18th december they said its talk talks problem not theres but neither bt or talk talk are admitting the problem or that there wrong and im not sure if its LLU or VULA talk talk never said 
    Whats the best way for ofcom to be involved
    bennywolf said:
    Whats the best way for ofcom to be involved
    LMGTFY:-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/contact-us
    I rang ofcom and they said they cant get involved as talk talk is the provider but asking them isnt getting me anywhere 
    bennywolf said:
    I rang ofcom and they said they cant get involved as talk talk is the provider but asking them isnt getting me anywhere 
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/broadband-landline-faults