Numbers affected by viewing problems

dkj766dkj766 Posts: 2Member
how do YouViewers with viewing issues that don’t really go away that reoccurr get closure or real solutions to the problems as individual we just seem to look for a remedy to ongoing issues .

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,836Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 January 2018, 8:37AM
    dkj766 said:
    how do YouViewers with viewing issues that don’t really go away that reoccurr get closure or real solutions to the problems as individual we just seem to look for a remedy to ongoing issues .
    Information that corrects a misapprehension they have;
    A reset, of whatever degree of severity is needed;
    A change to the environment their box is in;
    A new release;
    A hardware replacement.

Not necessarily in that order, though.

This leaves the people who don’t get closure, who fall into two groups:-

Those who want a feature that YouView doesn’t provide, and won’t provide;

Those with an unusual, but not quite unique, problem that most people do not have, but which is very real, and seemingly intractable, for those that do.

A current example of the latter is the BBC iPlayer stuttering in Best Quality, which affects enough people for us to know it is real, but which neither YouView nor the BBC seem to be able to get to the bottom of.

But the best starting point for any problem is to describe it, adequately, here, and follow the steps suggested in response until the problem is either resolved, or correctly qualified as one of the few intractables.

Do you have a problem that needs solving, or as you just speaking generally here?

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • dkj766dkj766 Posts: 2Member
    So ,I’ve had a software upgrade ,I’ve had  resets and newer box ,the problem is not consistent , whilst worked for a while without trouble with new box it’s back to its old self , problem I most have is that I could watch programme on tablet wirelessly .this has been going on for several yrs now 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,836Member ✭✭✭
    dkj766 said:
    So ,I’ve had a software upgrade ,I’ve had  resets and newer box ,the problem is not consistent , whilst worked for a while without trouble with new box it’s back to its old self , problem I most have is that I could watch programme on tablet wirelessly .this has been going on for several yrs now 
    It have never been possible to watch YouView content except on a TV connected by either HDMI or SCART,  so this is not a feature you have lost.

It might well be a want you have, though.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley