DTR-4000

CablemanCableman Posts: 1Member
I have just returned my OLED 4K UHD TV,and reverted back to my Panasonic,TX-P50VT50B TV.
When i connect the  DTR-4000 ,I get the following-This content can not be displayed because your TV does not support HDCP 2.2.
If i remove the, HDMI cable from port 2,(ARC) on the TV directly to the youview box, i can the picture but no sound.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 January 2018, 11:26AM
    Does not quite compute  :|

So you have reverted to a 2012 HD set, which will certainly not support HDCP 2.2, or any UHD at all. And it looks like the 4000 is failing to negotiate with the TV that the 4000 needs to drop to 1080p, which should be automatic. All straightforward so far.

But you disconnect your HDMI cable (it being in the ARC socket is irrelevant here, but harmless) and the sound ceases (no surprise there) and yet you still get a picture (which is a surprise, if it is the YouView picture).

Are you sure the picture is actually one coming from the YouView box, and is not just the broadcast picture on the TV tuner?

What other connections have you got to and from the YouView box?

If you really have the picture from the YouView box, you will be able to go to Settings/Picture & Sound/HDMI Display, and drop the resolution to 1080p there.

But if it isn’t, you can still drop the resolution to 720p with the YouView  remote control, even though you can’t see the YouView picture, by pressing Help, then 7 2 0 then OK, on the remote.

That should get the picture back, after which you can use Settings as above to get to the highest resolution the TV will actually support.

Please let us know your findings!
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,890Member ✭✭✭
    @Cableman why did you return the 4k TV. It's the first TV downgrade I have come across.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 January 2018, 8:41PM
    Daniel said:
    @Cableman why did you return the 4k TV. It's the first TV downgrade I have come across.
    I wondered too, but was too polite to ask, and it does not help @Cableman with his particular issue.

Maybe he found OLED, despite its fabled inky blacks, not as inky black as plasma was?

But yes, it would be nice to know the reasons, and which particular make and model of 2017 UHD OLED was rejected in favour of a 2012 HD plasma.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)