BBC FOUR HD has lost its EPG logo and search results

skillerskiller Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
I'm not sure when this started (last 3 or 4 days maybe?) but my EPG is only displaying the text BBC FOUR HD rather than the graphical logo. Also, no programmes from this channel appear in search results (is it will offer BBC FOUR programmes but not their BBC FOUR HD equivalents.

The channel can be viewed with no problems.

This issue may well be affecting other channels too on the same mux (COM7, is it?) but I don't think all of them on that mux.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I got a message on one of my Samsung TVs that from Jan 17th, I had to retune to keep BBC Four HD.

I had no idea why, but I did it anyway, like a good little Roy.

Having just looked, I see exactly what you see with BBC Four HD on YouView.

So it looks like whatever sort of change it is, the YouView box can’t auto-adjust for this one, so I suggest you retune your box, and see if this fixes things.

I mustn’t retune mine at the moment, as it is recording.

@Sarah, an announcement might be useful here, like this one from a516digital.

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,779 admin
    Hi @skiller

BBC Four HD recently moved from COM7 to COM8 along with CBeebies HD however whilst this was going on, the issues you mentioned surfaced unexpectedly. We are aware of this issue and it's being investigated at the moment :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @Sarah When you say "issues" do you mean the display on the EPG/search rather than anything else? Because I have the channels present (well CBeebies at least, I've just checked), so no need to retune as Roy suggested?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    @Sarah When you say "issues" do you mean the display on the EPG/search rather than anything else? Because I have the channels present (well CBeebies at least, I've just checked), so no need to retune as Roy suggested?
    I tried a retune (before Sarah posted) but it does no good.

It looks like YouView took the change on board OK, as far as the channels go, and even the EPG programme details, but a couple of things (Search and EPG logo, probably on CBeebies as well) fell on the floor :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,779 admin
    Hiya,

To clarify, the channel itself should work without any trouble however navigating using search and the display in the EPG are the parts which are being looked into at the moment. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭
    The other impact of the current problem is that the BBC FOUR HD  EPG 106 programmes that are available on BBC iPlayer catch-up are not showing as available  to play from the EPG.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭
    The problem with the missing  catch-up icons on  BBCFOUR HD EPG106 programmes now appears to be resolved.
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone - not just me then.

Now you mention it, I did read about BBC4HD moving muxes a while ago but it didn't come to mind that it might be the cause of this. (I guess this Digital UK list needs updating sharpish!)

Btw, as well as the catch-up icons now working (as @zulu17 pointed out), the programmes now also seem to be appearing in search results again too. The logo is still missing though, as I write.
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    I did add another comment here yesterday and I'm not sure why it's disappeared now. I'm still not used to these Vanilla forums obviously!

Anyway, all I meant to say was that the BBC4HD programmes now seem to be appearing in search results again as of last night, and I can now add that the logo is back too!

So all is now back to normal, I believe.  B)
  • hss177hss177 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    As at 2130hrs I still have the problems that Sarah mentioned.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭
    Hi hss177, I would try a retune.