[Discussion] Humax software update 29.44.10

2»

Comments

• BoJoBoJo Posts: 6Member
    kerry said:
    There is one thing I want to ask, im a BT broadband customer but dont have BT TV pack included. So i had to hide these BT channels off the tv guide.
    I too have a T2000 Humax Retail Box and have just switched my broadband from Sky to BT. I also do not have a BT TV package.
    I note you mention hiding the BT Channels that are not available to us, but there seems to be so many.
    Does anyone have, or can anyone point me to a list of the channel numbers to hide?
  • scottscott Posts: 1,697Member ✭✭✭
    Can anyone post a screen shot of the action panel please
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,596Member ✭✭✭
    BoJo said:
    kerry said:
    There is one thing I want to ask, im a BT broadband customer but dont have BT TV pack included. So i had to hide these BT channels off the tv guide.
    I too have a T2000 Humax Retail Box and have just switched my broadband from Sky to BT. I also do not have a BT TV package.
    I note you mention hiding the BT Channels that are not available to us, but there seems to be so many.
    Does anyone have, or can anyone point me to a list of the channel numbers to hide?
    http://www.a516digital.com/p/youview-channel-listing.html
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,439Member ✭✭✭
    scott said:
    Can anyone post a screen shot of the action panel please
    It varies depending on where you are, but this is from the Guide positioned on an SD programme currently showing. The Guide itself has been blanked out by the flash when I took the picture, but the eye can see it there above the Action Panel.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Thanks @roy that is different to what I was expecting, I thought it would be in the box on the right. What about if you do info from the mini guide is it the same layout.
  • BoJoBoJo Posts: 6Member
    Visionman said:
    BoJo said:
    kerry said:
    http://www.a516digital.com/p/youview-channel-listing.html

Thanks Visionman. I will get them all hidden. Looks like I am hiding all of the 300’s, 400’s and 500’s channel numbers.
    scott said:
    Thanks @roy that is different to what I was expecting, I thought it would be in the box on the right. What about if you do info from the mini guide is it the same layout.
    For the avoidance of doubt, I am interpreting ‘the mini guide’ as the thing that comes up when you down arrow on a live programme you are watching.

The current live programme is much as above; here is what I get for the next programme, showing ‘Set Reminder’:-

And, with yet more options, here is what I get from Discover for the grossly over-hyped Requiem on the BBC iPlayer:-

where choosing the More Episodes option brings up:-

though we did a swift BingeBail when we found episode 2 as dire as episode 1.....
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley

@Roy Thanks again for all those. The mini guide I actually meant was when you press the YouView button and the menu comes up and there are 5 programmes tiles below (with the Guide button highlighted). I was trying to find a picture but instead came across this...

Those were the days  :)

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,596Member ✭✭✭
    Hi scott,
    What your calling the mini guide from pressing the blue YouView button is known as the main menu.
    The mini guide you meant (when are YouView going to publish a Glossary so we can all use the same, correct terms, for all the bits of YouView furniture?)
    looks exactly like the Flatpack Empire display, above, for BBC1.

ITV and Channel 4 are the same, but without the Watch in HD option, though Channel 5 offers this, as does BBC2, but no other channel there, not even BBC Four, whose presence is anyway pretty inexplicable at 13:55, as it just shows a placeholder until 19:00. Excellent use of scarce real estate, not, YouView!
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,443Member ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say "nice work" to Roy for posting all those screenshots, will be helpful to many I imagine. 
2»