[Discussion] iOS app update 11.1.8

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
Hi all,

Please feel free to feedback on the latest iOS app update 11.1.8 in this discussion thread.
Tagged:

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,732Member ✭✭✭
    Cool.   B)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,530Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 February 2018, 6:03PM
    On the box, today’s Doctors, BBC1 13:45, is shown as Recorded, with the Recorded symbol against it, but no indication it is part of a Series Recording.

Likewise Countdown, 14:45 Channels 4 and 4+1, 13.

They also show up on channels 101 and 104, from where they were actually recorded, in HD, and Countdown shows up on 109 as well.

On the App, they show up only on 101 and 104, with the indication that these are Series Recordings until they have been recorded, when they show a tick to say they have been recorded,.

I would like the Recording indicators to show up on the same channels on the App as they do on the box.

I am too polite to suggest that this might be down to a flawed implementation.

Going forward, though, it would be nice if the indicators on the box could be souped up to be the same as the indicators on the App.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    The App still does not tell you that you need to turn your YouView box on to pair with it.

As it can perfectly well find it while you are still in Standby, this is a less obvious requirement than you might think.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,732Member ✭✭✭
    @Roy Not sure what you mean there? Not the pairing issue, just the changes.

I have this:

And when I click on the programme in question I get this:

Clearly and correctly showing Series Record.
  • StephenStephen Posts: 656Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he's saying that complete recordings on the box will mark up any repeats (on e.g. +1 channels) with "recorded" icons, whereas in the app only the specific instance that was recorded gets marked up.
    The middleware on the box does do comparisons with Programme CRIDs that the mobile app doesn't do in order to mark up all the repeats - I've run it past the mobile team though, so they will have a look if it can be added.
    edited 9 February 2018, 8:09AM
    Stephen said:
    I believe he's saying that complete recordings on the box will mark up any repeats (on e.g. +1 channels) with "recorded" icons, whereas in the app only the specific instance that was recorded gets marked up.
    The middleware on the box does do comparisons with Programme CRIDs that the mobile app doesn't do in order to mark up all the repeats - I've run it past the mobile team though, so they will have a look if it can be added.
    Close, @Stephen, and sorry if I did not make myself clear enough above, to you and @redchiz. Or anybody, come to that. My posting above, looked at again, is probably a bit ****-backwards.

Yes, repeats, but also the simultaneous SD showing of a programme I have recorded from the HD showing.

I was also remarking that the box EPG does not show the Series Record icon, just a Record icon, for a recorded episode from a Series, and this is an advantage the App has that it would be nice to see replicated in the box EPG, in a later release.

@redchiz, if you scroll up to that same episode of DiP on BBC1 SD in the EPG on the YouView app on your mobile device, and compare what you see with what the box EPG shows for that same episode on BBC1 SD, you will see what I mean regarding the presence or absence of Record indicators on the showings of the programme you recorded, on the channels you didn’t actually record it on.

And if you then compare the box and App entries for a Series Recording on the channel you did record it from, and for the next episode, (you need to see entries for both Recorded and upcoming Scheduled episodes, as these differ from one another on the App), you will hopefully see what I meant there.
  • JPCJPC Posts: 5Member
    I’ve posted elsewhere but reading the above has anyone had a problem with deleting scheduling recordings via the latest IOS app 
    ease? John

There is no delete function in the App.

If you change your mind about recording something, you have to action that on the box itself :(
  • JPCJPC Posts: 5Member
    Thanks for that Roy.
    I was sure it used to be possible many moons ago n my first YouView box.
    It’s a shame and a bit of a basic failing of the app in my view as it is too easy to fill the storage with mistaken/in error series recordings.

Developers please note.

John