Not getting HUTH from BBC2

RoyRoy Posts: 13,834Member ✭✭✭
We have Homes Under the Hammer in our Schedule, but with the Winter Olympics, this is being shown on BBC2, rather than the BBC1 HD we scheduled it for.

30 minutes on Friday, and the usual hour today, but neither was picked up by our YouView box.

AIUI, the YouView box should be smart enough to follow HUTH to BBC 2, but this does not seem to be happening.

Can you get your Content team into it, if it’s a CRID issue, or your developers if it isn’t, @Sarah?
‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 851Member ✭✭
    well looking at the BT Tv app guide Thursday  was Season 21 episode 72 ,  Fridays 30 minutes was season 17 episode 7
    , today (Monday) was season 19 episode 1. tomorrow (Tuesday) is season 19 episode 2.

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,834Member ✭✭✭
    zulu17 said:
    well looking at the BT Tv app guide Thursday  was Season 21 episode 72 ,  Fridays 30 minutes was season 17 episode 7
    , today (Monday) was season 19 episode 1. tomorrow (Tuesday) is season 19 episode 2.

Cheers, @zulu17

But HUTH episodes are famously all over the place, with interspersed repeats needed to keep up the punishing daily schedule.

The key issue is whether these displaced episodes on BBC2 are carrying the same Series CRID as last weeks’ BBC1 episodes.

And if not, why not; and if they are, why our YouView box isn’t picking them up.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 708Member ✭✭✭
    edited 13 February 2018, 2:13AM
    Roy said:
    zulu17 said:

And if not, why not; and if they are, why our YouView box isn’t picking them up.

Maybe your YouView box has a taste filter  :D

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    Anaglypta said:
    Roy said:
    zulu17 said:

Maybe your YouView box has a taste filter  :D

John.
    I resemble that remark  B)
  • Roy, I have a similar issue when MOTD/2 are on BBC One /Two
    Roy, I have a similar issue when MOTD/2 are on BBC One /Two
    It would be a shame (and something that would need putting right) if YouView’s previous ability to follow programmes from channel to channel when they are moved has been lost.

But this ability relies on the broadcasters keeping the same Series CRIDs on the programmes that have moved, and as YouView shields us from the inner workings of its mechanisms, this is not something we can check without an alternative device that reveals this information.

i have asked if @Sarah can investigate, as I am sure YouView have the necessary tools at YouView Towers, but we have not heard back on this yet.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 682Administrator admin
    Hi @Roy,

I've checked with Content and it does look like BBC have specified different series CRIDs for BBC one and BBC two for HUTH and this will be the same across other Freeview+ devices.
    Whilst the Winter Olympics are on, we'd suggest that you set a series record on the BBC two version so that you don't miss those episodes, the BBC one broadcast on the 18th Feb should still appear under your BBC one series recordings which you've already set up.

If you want more information on this or wish to complain, it's best to contact BBC directly.

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    edited 15 February 2018, 12:24PM
    Thanks, @Sarah. Duly submitted to the BBC as follows:-
    ======================================================================
    Recording failed due to changed Series CRID

We Series record HUTH on our YouView box, which is quite capable of following a programme from channel to channel, as when HUTH went to BBC2 due to the Winter Olympics being on BBC1,

So the change should not have mattered; but it did, because you changed the Series CRID for the BBC 2 showings, so the YouView box could not follow. Other PVRs that rely on Series CRIDs will likewise have been similarly affected.

Why did you do this? I think it doubly important that you maintain the same CRID in these circumstances.

And I hope you will bear this in mind for the future.
    =======================================================================

I've said I want to be contacted with the reply, when the BBC has one; I'll keep you posted on this.

And meanwhile, I'd already taken the path of least resistance by setting a Series recording on the BBC2 HD showings, which I see you have also suggested above.

Hopefully, it will revert to the earlier Series CRID after February 25th, and get picked up again by our earlier Schedule entry, but I am going to keep my eye on it.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 851Member ✭✭
    Looking at the Crids for future episodes  the BBC1HD broadcasts from Monday 25 are different to those of the BBC2HD broadcasts this week so possibly/probably the BBC are using their original series CRID again , in which case those Episodes will appear in your recording schedule.

If you are monitoring upcoming episodes you may find this useful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v5kb/broadcasts/upcoming
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,782Member ✭✭✭
    I have found that since the Winter Olympics the BBC have badly dropped their CRIDs for many series. And as mentioned above including MotD.