Youview home screen on startup.

sevansevan Posts: 40Member
Just bought a BT TV box from John Lewis.

Is there any way of starting up the box at TV but without the Youview home screen menu across the bottom?

Comments

• KeithKeith Posts: 2,428Member, Champion mod
    Hi @sevan - sadly you are stuck with this. When nextgen launched this menu bar was shown for 60 seconds (unless manually dismissed). Following feedback and suggestions this should be shorter and ideally optional, YouView reduced the time out to 30 seconds. That is still 30 seconds too long for my liking :(

The suggestion this should be further improved is item 112 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests :)

If you have a programmable remote, e.g. Logitech Harmony, one could include the button press to dismiss this as part of the activity start up sequence. That is a bit clunky though and I would much prefer YouView introduced a user setting for this to be 0, 15, 30, 60 seconds before it disappears.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,439Member ✭✭✭
    Due to the fact I rarely watch live TV but do watch time-shifted, I find the home screen menu on start up highly useful. I don't think YouView want to or are going to introduce options in 'Settings', though there I agree with everyone else. They should.