The Weather Network

SarahSarah Posts: 882Administrator admin

Hi all,

From the 14th June, The Weather Network will no longer offer their app on YouView. There will be no change to any other apps.

If you have any further queries you can contact the Weather Network support team here.

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 1,812Member ✭✭✭
    Although I have to admit I never use it, it is still sad that we seem to be losing more apps than we are gaining over the last few years....
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 740Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June 2018, 12:00PM
    Maybe the BBC could step in and offer their weather app although BBC Weather is available on the red button. :)

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,664Member ✭✭✭
    scott said:
    Although I have to admit I never use it, it is still sad that we seem to be losing more apps than we are gaining over the last few years....
    Losing an app that you never use is not much of a loss now is it? And may well help to explain why it is being withdrawn. Not just you not using it I mean, but others also! :wink:
  • scottscott Posts: 1,812Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    scott said:
    Losing an app that you never use is not much of a loss now is it? And may well help to explain why it is being withdrawn. Not just you not using it I mean, but others also! :wink:
    But it isn't just this one it is the collective (Sky Store, Quest and now this) that I am talking about with nothing new to speak of to replace them. We all know things like Amazon, YouTube, Spotify etc would be very much liked and yet we just wave goodbye. I just hope the future holds more like was promised for Next Gen....
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,863Member ✭✭
    I used it once or twice when it launced. No big deal that it's going.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,330Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June 2018, 7:20AM
    My wife and I have a competition going to find the best weather app, and the worst weather app, available on our iPads.

This YouView weather app would have won the second category hands down, if it had been eligible.

In Safari, it asked me if it could use where I was, and came up with Nerja, which is close, but with no indication at all of which part of Canada it thinks that is in. The adverts seem to have a better idea of where it is, though :p 

But all joking aside, the incessant home-country Canada 🇨🇦 bias of the app made it a very bad fit for UK 🇬🇧 users.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 249Member ✭✭
    I did try the Weather Network app but never really liked it much so never used it and im one that likes to follow the weather forecasts.

Darren
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,929Member ✭✭✭
    It wasn't very good. But Roy and I had a good laugh reading the terms and conditions which were like 6 pages long. And in small print.
    Do you know what it’s like, to laugh like that?

https://youtu.be/FRNIFyPVHvo
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,929Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I don't know what that means. (sorry again)
    Visionman said:
    Sorry, I don't know what that means. (sorry again)
    No worries - perhaps you’ve never seen the movie ‘Airplane II!’ 

But your comment about us laughing reminded me of the scene where Julie Hagerty’s character says the above-quoted line to a very grave-looking Raymond Burr, playing The Judge, and gets the unlikely response shown in the clip  :D