seires record problem

DarrenDarren Posts: 231Member ✭✭
edited 13 June 2018, 7:08AM in Support
Twice now I have set a show to series record on the Universal TV HD and it asks me to record series or record episode. I click on record series and it only shoes up as recording the episode and the next again week I have to set the recording again to the show. I like to sometimes set a series record incase im not in or a show im watching on another channel overlaps the show on Universal Channel I want to watch. One of the shows im trying to series record is Private Eyes.
Im not sure if this is a problem with Youview or Universal TV its self.

Darren

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 677Administrator admin
    Hi Darren, 

I can let our Content team know about this and they can take a look at the SCRIDS in case they're not linking correctly. 

I've had a look at Private Eyes in the guide but it looks like it's being broadcast at different times during the day. Can you let me know the date and broadcast time of the episodes which haven't been linking so we know which ones to look at?

If there's other programmes which the same issue is happening with, please also provide the programme name, date and broadcast for those as well.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 851Member ✭✭
    Well if I look at Universal UK own website and their schedules there appear to be a problem.
    http://www.universaltv.co.uk/schedule/day/today

it seems to me that their website is advertising two sets of programs being on at the same time.
    If YouView are getting that same information I am not surprised there are issues. 

Example

• DarrenDarren Posts: 231Member ✭✭
    edited 13 June 2018, 2:58PM
    Thanks both for your replies. It’s mainly 9pm on a Monday that I’m trying to series record Private Eyes.
    It Looks like it maybe a Universal TV problem then.

Darren
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    Darren said:
    Thanks both for your replies. It’s mainly 9pm on a Monday that I’m trying to series record Private Eyes.

Darren
    And the YouView box certainly ought to cope with it migrating an hour or two earlier....
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 13 June 2018, 9:15PM
    It would appear that 5USA has also started doing the same with Rookie Blue on a Wednesday at 9pm and that it will let me select series record but only shows that the current episodeis being recorded.
    Anyone know what could be going on. I going away for a long weekend away in a few weeks and it’s like I don’t know if I can now trust setting series for some shows.

Darren
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    Darren said:
    It would appear that 5USA has also started doing the same with Rookie Blue on a Wednesday at 9pm and that it will let me select series record but only shows that the current episodeis being recorded.
    Anyone know what could be going on. I going away for a long weekend away in a few weeks and it’s like I don’t know if I can now trust setting series for some shows.

Darren
    The YouView box only ever shows the next recording up, even if there will be more than one within the horizon of the EPG.

If you look on the mobile App though, MyTV, Scheduled, you can see what is scheduled right up to that horizon, and it will tell you if you have a Series Scheduled or just an individual programme.

Of course, being able to trust the Series setting does not necessarily mean you can also trust the box to obey it, with the current ongoing Failed Recordings issue  :'(
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 14 June 2018, 4:48PM
    I have looked on the mobile app on My TV and it only shows Private Eyes on Universal TV and Rookie Blue on 5USA as only the next episode to be recorded. Yet on the Youview box it lets you select series record then it don’t show up as set as series record.

Darren
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 851Member ✭✭
    If a series record has been successfully requested I would expect you to see in the Youview box EPG the series record  recording R symbol as opposed to the single R symbol.  Plus I believe in the mobile app for each  programme scheduled to be recorded it will either say Series Scheduled or Episode Scheduled. So in your case  @Darren are you seeing the words Series Scheduled or Episode Scheduled for the programmes that you are opting to  series record.

(As an aside I believe that as soon as you select the record button on the remote you set a recording up  for that single  programme episode  ,the next screen  which gives the Record series or Record episode option allows you to change the option to a series recording.)
    edited 14 June 2018, 11:39PM
    Episode scheduled it says in the mobile app even though I have selected both shows Private Eyes and Rookie Blue to series record.

Darren
  • SarahSarah Posts: 677Administrator admin
    Darren said:

Darren
    Hi Darren,

I've just checked Universal's own guide on their website and can see that it says Private Eyes is on at 8pm rather than 9pm, is this correct or is your guide showing Private Eyes as being on at 9pm on Mondays? I can see the episodes on Fridays are on at 9pm. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah it show private Eyes at 9pm on a Monday some weeks and 8pm other weeks it says 9pm. Next week it says 8pm and came up for me to select series record but it don’t show as series record has been set on the EPG. 
    Rookie Blue on 5USA at 9pm on a Wednesday is now another one I’m having problems with setting a series record.

Darren