Paramount Network UK launches on YouView

SarahSarah Posts: 935Administrator admin
Paramount Network UK has launched today on Freeview devices. It can be found on channel 57 in your guide if you have the channel available to you in your area. 

Content on Paramount Network will be available through the My5 player. You can find more information about this new channel here

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,089Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2018, 5:34PM
    And theres me thinking your link was going to show a link to Pulp Fiction....
  • speedyritespeedyrite Posts: 66Member
    edited 5 July 2018, 3:03PM
    YV app (ver. 11.1.10.42 on iOS 11.4) is not showing this new channel in the Guide (yes I’ve quit the app and fired it up afresh, but I haven’t yet gone as far as dis-assembling my device 😂). When I search for Agent Carter on the app, it finds a match on this channel for tonight but reckons “CHANNEL UNAVAILABLE”.  However the channel IS there in the Guide data on my YV T2110. I can watch the channel when I tune to it via the YV T2110 and the tv’s internal tuner. Aerial points at Malvern tx.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 896Member ✭✭
    edited 5 July 2018, 9:46PM
    Had a look just now .There are currently   (July 5)at least two issues with the Youview app guide on my IPad , One is with the Paramount channel 57 as @speedyrite has mention. also the Sony Crime Channel channel 40 . Both channel 40 and 57 were recent Freeview  channel allocation changes.

My impression is that the Youview Android app guide and the BT Tv app guide are fine.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 935Administrator admin
    Hi @speedyrite & @zulu17

Thanks for letting me know. I've tested this on my Android and also an iPhone 6S and both work as expected; I am able to search for Agent Carter and set a recording and the channels are appearing in my guide with the correct channel logos. Can you confirm if you've recently retuned your YouView boxes and that you are both able to find the two channels in the guide on your YouView box? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    @zulu17 So ch 57 seems sorted on iOS app now, also ch 40 now looks to be Sony Crime
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 896Member ✭✭
    Hi @Sarah .. yesterday evening after I had read @speedyrite original post at c 9:30pm 5 July , I checked my Youview box and the Paramount Channel 57  and the Sony Crime Channel 40  entries were both in my Youview box EPG  and both were broadcasting the correct expected programming .. No retune of the Youview box has been done recently so the EPG changes  to add Paramount were those applied automatically as part of normal YouView activity. I did a remote schedule recording using the latest BT TV app (IOS) for the 10pm Heroes Reborn on Paramount last night and that  successfully scheduled and subsequently recorded the program on the Youview box , although I didn!t set any actually recordings the Youview Android app was also showing the Paramount and Sony Crime channels in the expected new channel number locations and was offering  options to record the programs. the Youview IOS app did not have Paramount channel in its guide and did not have the Sony Crime channel in the expected channel 40 position.
    looks like the Paramount channel was in the Youview iOS app guide  this morning 6 July but I didn’t check the Sony Crime channel this morning  but seems to be there now and both offer options to record future programs on theYouview IOS app.

Also I did check the My5 player on YouView and  the first Agent Carter episode was available and started playing last night, So a usefully addition to the free ondemand content.
    Sarah said:
    Hi @speedyrite & @zulu17

Thanks for letting me know. I've tested this on my Android and also an iPhone 6S and both work as expected; I am able to search for Agent Carter and set a recording and the channels are appearing in my guide with the correct channel logos. Can you confirm if you've recently retuned your YouView boxes and that you are both able to find the two channels in the guide on your YouView box? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Haven’t retuned YV box for a while, but both channels were in the guide on YV box (checked and watched). But were not in guide on iOS YV app yesterday, although a search found a show on ch. 57 but told me channel unavailable. All sorted today though, but I did nothing to make it so.
  • Shaun EdwardsShaun Edwards Posts: 68Member
    edited 8 July 2018, 5:56PM
    Still not showing on my Youview App. I have tried uninstalling app and reinstalling but still shows Spike+1. How can I fix this.
    Shows on Youview box.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 935Administrator admin
    Still not showing on my Youview App. I have tried uninstalling app and reinstalling but still shows Spike+1. How can I fix this.
    Shows on Youview box.
    Hi Shaun,

Can you let me know what phone you are using and your YouView box model as well?

Thanks,
    Sarah