Weak signal message

mogwinsmogwins Posts: 3Member
We do have a weak TV signal. But the Humax YouView keeps throwing up the weak signal warning every 3 minutes, even when the picture is fine. Is there any way to disable this? It's annoying as hell.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,944Member ✭✭✭
    You can’t stop the message, but you could try a signal booster....
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • mogwinsmogwins Posts: 3Member
    edited 11 July 2018, 12:04PM
    Thanks. I'm already using a signal booster. I've accepted that there's no easy solution to my signal problem and that is going to mean my viewing is occasionally interrupted.

The problem is that error message is far more intrusive than the weak signal!

As you can see in the image above that the TV picture is fine, the only reason I can't watch it is because of the error message, which kicks in even when the signal strength is perfectly tolerable. The ability to disable this warning would be useful. 
    What are the Signal Strength and Quality shown for a weak channel, in Settings?

Have you tried a soft reset (while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby Button on the left of the fascia, or the centre ring if a T1000, for just over 8 seconds until the box reboots)?

This might just be a weirdosity that you can clear this way. 
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • mogwinsmogwins Posts: 3Member
    I shall give it a go. At half time, of course! ;)
    Optimist. Prudence demands you wait until full time  :p