Player support on 1000T

delantheardelanthear Posts: 4Member
My main Plusnet youview box failed (when starting there are lots of beeps and a loop on booting. I suspect a knackered harddrive) so I failed over my old trial box, a Humax 1000T, presumably a BT box reconfigured for Plusnet.

None of the players work on it, yet there doesn't seem to be any updates available.  Is this box pretty much dead now? Or can I get the players upgraded somehow so they can be used?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,944Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 July 2018, 6:28AM
    ITYM T1000  :p

While there are going to be things this box doesn’t do - running the new Amazon app if/when it finally arrives is a case in point, I think - it should still be doing the basics, if the box is healthy.

Did you attempt a software update on the box? It’s possible that old versions of the players won’t run, though nobody who has frozen their box on OldGen has reported this.

So after a software update, you may find that your players can be updated.

What is the exact model and variant of your box, and what software version is it on? Does the box indicates that it is connected to the internet, or not?These things can all be found in Settings.

From the Variant, we can determine exactly which update path your box is on, and therefore what software variant you should expect to be on.

But lots of old T1000s are no longer healthy, so you will need to determine if there is anything else, besides not running or updating the Players, that it can no longer do.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • delantheardelanthear Posts: 4Member
    Box seems healthy and has an internet connection.
    It's a DTRT1000.  Last updated 10.04.2014
    Manufacturer software: 18.3.0
    Component software: 2.5.6
    Platform configuration: 1017
    ISP configuration: 85
    Hitting the two update options for software and players doesn't seen to do anything.

iPlayer tries to load and says "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties..."
    ITV Hub says "There was a problem launching.... THis version of the ITV hub is no longer available"
    All 4 will load and display programmes to choose from, but selecting any gives you a CH4-808 error. (Sorry this content is unavailable)  (THe content seems to be current though as it has Handmaids Tale series 2 on there)
    My5 says application upgrade needed...

edited 9 July 2018, 4:11PM
    Box seems healthy and has an internet connection.
    It's a DTRT1000.  Last updated 10.04.2014
    Manufacturer software: 18.3.0
    Component software: 2.5.6
    Platform configuration: 1017
    ISP configuration: 85
    Hitting the two update options for software and players doesn't seen to do anything.

iPlayer tries to load and says "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties..."
    ITV Hub says "There was a problem launching.... THis version of the ITV hub is no longer available"
    All 4 will load and display programmes to choose from, but selecting any gives you a CH4-808 error. (Sorry this content is unavailable)  (THe content seems to be current though as it has Handmaids Tale series 2 on there)
    My5 says application upgrade needed...

I suggest a soft reset in the first instance. While not recording nor about to, touch the centre ring and keep your finger there for just over 8 seconds, until the box restarts.

Then try the Software Update again, followed, if successful, by the Players Update.

If that does not work, then normally I would suggest a Maintenance Mode update, but here I would be afraid of bricking the box, so instead wait until tomorrow, and call the YouView helpline, 0333 313 2278.

You still haven’t quoted the model and variant of your box, so YouView may want to put you on to PlusNet, who you are presumably talking to about the failure of your main box, if the T1000 is indeed a BT/PlusNet  version, but that needs to be established, and YouView will probably try to help you anyway.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 869Member ✭✭
    Looks like you have a box on outdated oldgen software , I doubt whether the oldgen software updates necessary to bring you box up to the last working level of the oldgen software are available. So you are probably looking at having to load the Next Gen YouView software on the box. how that is achieved with the box in its present state is probably best left to YouView to advise so take Roy’s advice on contacting them . Good Luck.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 729Administrator admin
    edited 9 July 2018, 10:04AM
    Hi @delanthear

Can you confirm if your box is the BT T1000? It should look like this if it is:
    Image result for BT T1000
    YouView boxes should work on any internet connection as long as it's plugged into the router/powerline adapters with an Ethernet cable. The only things you lose from the box are the subscription channels you may of had when you initially received the box from BT. 

Most players have updated to newer versions so won't run on older devices which do not have some of the newer software versions on. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    @Sarah

This seems to be a case where @delanthear can’t update to the latest T1000 players software because his box (assuming it is a DTR-T1000, and not something else) doesn’t recognise that there is a YouView T1000 software update available to it.

Should any box, no matter how old its software, still detect such updates via its equally old detection routines? Or could YouView have accidentally closed off the old pathway(s)?
    @Roy
    The boxes should always be able to detect that there is a new version available to them unless they are disconnected to the internet. As it's on an old Trials box this may be playing a part in causing some problems due to the way they work however it'd be good to fully confirm the box model first and then I can enquire internally :) 

Sarah
    Sorry for radio silenc;  I got a replacement box from PN and I'm using that.  I'd kinda like to get this old box working again though as a back up though!

It's a trials box, handed out by PN right when they were trialing Youview.  As I said, it's definitely a DTRT1000, and looks like the image above, but doesn't have a BT logo, instead saying Humax.  Is there a way to confirm the variant?
    Sorry for radio silenc;  I got a replacement box from PN and I'm using that.  I'd kinda like to get this old box working again though as a back up though!

It's a trials box, handed out by PN right when they were trialing Youview.  As I said, it's definitely a DTRT1000, and looks like the image above, but doesn't have a BT logo, instead saying Humax.  Is there a way to confirm the variant?
    Yes - it’s in the Settings - Device Information, or some heading like that. Poke about, and I’m sure you will find it.
    Variant: 80B08520
    Variant: 80B08520
    Not on the list here.

A BT or PlusNet Trials T1000, I would hazard a guess.
    Hi @delanthear

I've had a chat with our Trials team and unfortunately as it's a Plusnet Trials box we are unable to help with software on our end so you'll need to give PN a ring. They may be able to force an update onto the box to get a new trial/live version onto the box or potentially replace that one for you as well. 

Thanks,
    Sarah