[Discussion] Humax retail software update 29.105.0

SarahSarah Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
Hi all, 

Please feel free to discuss the latest Humax retail software update 29.105.0 in this discussion thread.

This is a maintenance update containing a fix for the Failed Recordings issue and is for T1000 devices.

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• joneshjonesh Posts: 1,285Member ✭✭✭
    Pleased that the T10x0s are getting the fix first :).
  • krisb60krisb60 Posts: 1Member
    When will this be available for my BT T1000?
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,285Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2018, 6:36PM
    BT updates are always later than Humax retail, but they are not "pre-announced".
  • AKAK Posts: 49Member
    edited 24 July 2018, 10:03AM
    so, how long will it take for the update to roll out for the T1000/T1010 and how long before there is an update for the T2000?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    AK said:
    so, how long will it take for the update to roll out for the T1000/T1010 and how long before there is an update for the T2000?
    Hi AK,

We don't have any set dates for how long the rollouts take as they can vary from release to release however we do expect this one to be fully rolled out within the next week. Please note that this is subject to change. 

We don't have any information as to when the Humax Retail T2000 devices will get the same update however, as soon as we have the software ready to go, we'll post the software thread right away. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    Hi all,

I've just had confirmation that the rollout of the 29.105.0 software is now complete :)

Any users who didn't have it prior to today should have received the update overnight. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • afmmbobafmmbob Posts: 7Member
    Since the transmitter updates on 19th July and necessary retune, I have lost all the major HD channels (BBC, ITV, C4, C5) on my DTR-T1000. Have double-checked that my box is now on 29.105.0 and component 3.3.154. Our LG TV, daisy-chained behind the Humax box, has retuned the channels fine, so I can only think that it is the Humax box at fault. Any ideas? Thanks
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,138Member ✭✭✭
    Try a further retune, possibly in the evening when the weather is cooler.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    I have done many, many retunes, including after a box restart :-( And today it's only 20degC here.
    edited 29 July 2018, 7:32AM
    Various possible causes suggest themselves.

Box has lost its HD capability?

The channels you have lost all have in common that they are from the BBC B mux; BBC Four HD is on a different mux - do you get this or any other HD channel?

If the tuning algorithm is still as I recall it, the box spends the first 50% of the progress bar tuning SD channels, stopping as it encounters each mux to enumerate the channels it finds, and the second 50% doing the same on HD channels.

What do you see when you retune, comparing the two 50%s? Does it race through, or crawl through, that second 50% compared to the first 50%, and does it ever pause during the second 50%?

(@Sarah, you can possibly see from this how essential it is that we get more information during the tuning process than we do now, at least as an optional ‘Detailed View’, when we have diagnoses like these to do? Nothing fancy though - certainly nothing more complex than my £24 Bush plug-in digital tuner provides as standard without thinking about it).

Box needs a reset?

Can you do a soft reset of the box - while not recording nor about to, touch the centre ring for just over 8 seconds until the box reboots - and see if this brings your channels back?

Signal is marginal - OK for the TV but not strong enough for the box?

Do you know which transmitter your signal comes from? The latest retunes have been notorious for moving certain muxes out of the range handled by peoples’ aerials, especially in London. Perhaps this has happened here?

Accordingly, I suggest you next work through this guide, and let us know the results you find.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    We don't have BBC4 HD either; we do have HD channels 370/1/3/4/5/6/7/8/9; 380/2/3/4/5/6/7; 430/1/2/3/4/5/6/9.

Retuning takes roughly the same in both 50% sections, 2 minutes, with 2, possibly 3 pauses in the second 50%.

Touching the centre ring of my box for >8 seconds doesn't have any effect, however touching the power switch icon does do a soft reset, and I had already tried this.

Our signal comes from Heathfield transmitter.

Will now take a look at the guide you suggested.

Thanks for the help. Bob
    Weird. The BBCB mux is the only one which didn't change channels on the 19th July. Could that be significant?
    edited 29 July 2018, 12:30PM
    afmmbob said:
    We don't have BBC4 HD either; we do have HD channels 370/1/3/4/5/6/7/8/9; 380/2/3/4/5/6/7; 430/1/2/3/4/5/6/9.

Retuning takes roughly the same in both 50% sections, 2 minutes, with 2, possibly 3 pauses in the second 50%.

Touching the centre ring of my box for >8 seconds doesn't have any effect, however touching the power switch icon does do a soft reset, and I had already tried this.

Our signal comes from Heathfield transmitter.

Will now take a look at the guide you suggested.

Thanks for the help. Bob
    Those high-numbered channels are BT TV ones that come over the internet, not over the air.

Can you check what your box looks like here? What you describe does not seem to correspond to a T1000 - maybe a T1010 or a T2000?

Does this page agree you are most likely on Heathfield when you enter your postcode and house number?

As you seem to be a BT TV subscriber, it may also be worth calling BT or going on the BT TV forum, to get some help with this.
    The box device information says it is a DTR-T1000. However, the descriptions show it to really be a T1010. Every day's a school day...

Definitely on Heathfield.

Not a BT TV subscriber, but with Plusnet, so maybe that's why those BT TV channels appear?

afmmbob said:
    The box device information says it is a DTR-T1000. However, the descriptions show it to really be a T1010. Every day's a school day...

Definitely on Heathfield.

Not a BT TV subscriber, but with Plusnet, so maybe that's why those BT TV channels appear?

Yes, they do that. Nobody told the insides when they changed the casing....

Heathfield seems not to be a relay, but nonetheless not to be full service, so the BBC B mux is the only one that would give you HD channels from that transmitter.

Plusnet is BT-owned, but yes it has its own branding. Are you a subscriber to their TV service, and can actually watch those channels, or are they just something that appears in the EPG?
    Those channels just appear on the EPG, I am not a subscriber.
    Another weird thing. The LG TV, daisy-chained behind the Humax box, reckons the TV signal strength is between 92% and 98%, depending on channel. But the Humax only reckons the signal strength is about 48%. But that's across the board and I have no problems of pixellation or faceting on any of the channels that it has managed to tune, even in today's heavy rain.
    Perhaps the LG is not using the internationally recognised measure of signal strength that YouView adopted in NextGen, rather than the arbitrary measure YouView used in OldGen?

But Signal Strength has never mattered on YouView, except when there is not enough to give Signal Quality 100%.

What are the readings you are getting for this?
    100% signal quality on all observed muxes
    afmmbob said:
    100% signal quality on all observed muxes
    OK, weirder and weirder. The BBC B mux is the one mux that did not change channels on July 19th, and there were no reported power changes planned.

It’s just possible that your DVB-T2 tuner (the HD one) broke at or about the time of the retune, but that would be one hell of a coincidence.

That 48% is awfully low; maybe it does matter after all, even with 100% Quality on SD.

Can you work back up your aerial chain, as far as safety allows, making sure every connection is tight, and is not shorting?

Maybe try your YouView box as close to the aerial source as you can get, see what the results are?

Have you got a neighbour, family, or a friend nearby, where you could maybe pop round with your YouView box, try it on their aerial? See what Signal Strength you get, and if you can get the HD channels there?

And if it’s still not resolved, or it points to a non-obvious shortcoming in your aerial system, I think you will need to talk to a local aerial installer to resolve this, ask if he has encountered anything similar, and so on.