Flushing out Mark Kermode (say it out loud)

RoyRoy Posts: 14,528Member ✭✭✭
edited 22 July 2018, 6:20AM in Feedback
The Tuesday 17th July first episode of Mark Kermode’s Secrets of Cinema on BBC Four is shown in the EPG on my YouView box without the arrow in a circle that indicates it is available on catchup. SD or HD.

And cannot be reached from the EPG.

But on my iPad YouView app, clicking this programme on the EPG, similarly devoid of the catchup symbol, brings up a display you can at least choose it from, and it plays perfectly well on the BBC iPlayer on the iPad.

But wanting it on the TV, I go to the BBC iPlayer App on the YouView box, where it is prominent under Channels/Four, and plays perfectly well.
“Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 743Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2018, 8:57PM
    Indeed, I watched it last night on iPlayer.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 896Member ✭✭
    edited 21 July 2018, 10:11PM
    It also plays from the Youview box Search results.

(the repeat showing in the Youview EPG in the early hours of Wed 18 similarly does not link to the iplayer catch-up )
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 896Member ✭✭
    Here is a screenshot of the Youview IOS app

• SarahSarah Posts: 931Administrator admin
    Thanks all, I've raised this with our Content team to look into. I'll update once I know more :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,528Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 August 2018, 8:46PM
    @Sarah

Two and a half weeks on, and still not fixed  :'( 
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,528Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 August 2018, 5:25AM
    @Sarah

Four episodes in now, and finally fixed at last!  o:)
  • SarahSarah Posts: 931Administrator admin
    Hi @Roy,
    Sorry I seem to have missed your last post. I've been looking into this a bit more and found that it's a known issue which is being investigated at the moment however we have not ETA on when it'll be fixed as it's quite a complicated issue.
    Some episodes may show in the EPG as OD available as you found yesterday, however this may not be the case with all of them going forward but please know that it is something which is being looked into. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah