No Picture

richgrichg Posts: 5Member
After turning my BT youview box on i get pink light then blue then a welcome and then the screen goes blank.
Is there anything i can do to put it right?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 July 2018, 10:21PM
    Have you got a working terrestrial TV aerial plugged into it?

Has it ever worked? If so, when did it stop working, and under what circumstances?

if it has never worked, how old is it, and where did you source it from?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • WelshPaulWelshPaul Posts: 15Member
    I had this problem with my DTR-T4000 when trying to set it up with a Panasonic 37" LED tv, it worked with my Samsung and LG tv...

Is your YouView box a DTR-T4000?
  • richgrichg Posts: 5Member
    Roy said:

Has it ever worked? If so, when did it stop working, and under what circumstances?

yes it worked for 2 years just until the warranty ended,i have tried it on different TV with the same results.
    I bought it from Currys the warranty ran out on 7th July 18.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 884Member ✭✭
    In case it is a HDMI issue you could try forcing the T4000 to use the lowest resolution ie 

1. If you are using HDMI, you might be using the wrong resolution for your TV. We have a helpful shortcut to change the resolution using your remote:

1. Press Help
      2. Press the numbers 7 – 2 – 0
      3. Press OK

Your box will then automatically change to the lowest HDMI resolution (720p).
    richg said:
    Roy said:

yes it worked for 2 years just until the warranty ended,i have tried it on different TV with the same results.
    I bought it from Currys the warranty ran out on 7th July 18.
    If it’s not the issue which @zulu17 addresses (which if the box was working before on the same TV, with no settings on either of them changed it probably won’t be) then first make sure the HDMI cable between them is properly seated at both ends, in case one of them has moved.

If that does not fix it, then hold down the On/Standby button on the top of the box until it soft reboots after about 8 seconds (if you still can’t see anything on the screen, you will be able to tell when to let go by the lights on the front of the box).

See if that fixes it, and let us know either way.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 28 July 2018, 5:39PM
    I have tried the soft reboot holding the on switch,nothing happens and the blue light remains on.TV says waking up then goes to blank screen if i leave the blank screen on for 3 or 4 minutes the BT waking up screen comes on then goes blank again.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 884Member ✭✭
    Rereading the thread I am surprised if the box is a T4000  as  I would not expect that model  to be available from Currys.  Whatever  the model might be worth seeing if it loads without an broadband connection.

• WelshPaulWelshPaul Posts: 15Member
    Yea, must be a T2110. FYI, your answer is what resolved my issue with the T4000.
    WelshPaul said:
    Yea, must be a T2110. FYI, your answer is what resolved my issue with the T4000.
    thats correct it is a T2110
    richg said:
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a healthy box recycling through the waking up sequence for itself.

It is worth trying a different HDMI cable, as it does seem the box can show the 576i ‘Waking Up’ screen, but nothing when the resolution ramps up after that.

If no go, though, go and see Curry’s anyway, as this box must have been giving trouble before the warranty expired, mustn’t it?
    Roy said:
    richg said:
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a healthy box recycling through the waking up sequence for itself.

It is worth trying a different HDMI cable, as it does seem the box can show the 576i ‘Waking Up’ screen, but nothing when the resolution ramps up after that.

If no go, though, go and see Curry’s anyway, as this box must have been giving trouble before the warranty expired, mustn’t it?
    I have been to Curry's they said the warranty ended on 7th July so they cant give a refund or replace it.
    I tried a new HDMI cable but that didn't work.

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,647Member ✭✭✭
    Tell Currys to whistle. Point out that this isn't a warranty issue, the Consumer Rights Act will certainly cover the failure of an item like this after just over a year. Speak to a manager and escalate if necessary.
    redchiz said:
    Tell Currys to whistle. Point out that this isn't a warranty issue, the Consumer Rights Act will certainly cover the failure of an item like this after just over a year. Speak to a manager and escalate if necessary.
    Two years, but your point still stands. Consumer ‘durables’ have an expected six-year life.