[Discussion] Humax retail software update 31.56.10

SarahSarah Posts: 788Administrator admin
edited 1 August 2018, 5:34PM in Announcements
Hi all, 

Please feel free to discuss the latest Humax Retail 31.56.10 software release in this discussion thread. This update is for T2000 devices.

This update contains the new 'Start Again' feature for BBC programmes, Recent Searches along with some other improvements. It also includes the fix for the failed recordings issue which was experienced by a large number of users.

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• AKAK Posts: 41Member
    Hello,
    There is no mention on this update about the failed recordings issue, will this update deal with that issue and if not why not and when will this happen?
    I have 2 youview boxes, the DTR 1010 which has been updated to address the failed recordings issue and a DTR 2000 where I have not yet seen an update notice to address the failed recordings, did I miss this?

• SarahSarah Posts: 788Administrator admin
    AK said:
    Hello,
    There is no mention on this update about the failed recordings issue, will this update deal with that issue and if not why not and when will this happen?
    I have 2 youview boxes, the DTR 1010 which has been updated to address the failed recordings issue and a DTR 2000 where I have not yet seen an update notice to address the failed recordings, did I miss this?

Hi AK,

This update also has the recordings fix in it, we've now updated the comms to reflect this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Alan3Alan3 Posts: 23Member
    Another great improvement to my YouView box. To be honest I was expecting more frequent improvements,but as they are all free I’m not really complaining!
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,045Member ✭✭✭
    Alan3 said:
    Another great improvement to my YouView box. To be honest I was expecting more frequent improvements,but as they are all free I’m not really complaining!
    You are getting frequent releases though. Just not all of them contain any discernible improvements  >:)
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Alan3Alan3 Posts: 23Member
    Roy said:
    Alan3 said:
    You are getting frequent releases though. Just not all of them contain any discernible improvements  >:)

• Adrian1Adrian1 Posts: 18Member
    Hi, I've not received the update. I've tried to update manually and switched the box off and on. I'm still on 29.58.10.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 788Administrator admin
    Adrian1 said:
    Hi, I've not received the update. I've tried to update manually and switched the box off and on. I'm still on 29.58.10.
    Hi Adrian,

This is a phased update so not all boxes will receive the update at the same time. As this software release was only made available yesterday, you may need to wait a bit longer in order to receive it to your box but it'll be there soon :) Software updates usually take place overnight so you won't need to reset your box at all to receive the update itself. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
  • .Model DTR-T2000 Serial 9100456
    Hi
    I have lost sound on my radio recordings.
    Timer indicates they are playing /ffing / pausing /restarting etc.
    This is ALL my radio recordings going back approx 1 yr including those I have listened to before with no problem. They are all Radio4 or 4 extra ie - voice of drama , comedy literature etc.

I have
    -indepedently disconnected both tv and box mains and restarted.
    -Removed /reinserted   hdmi and finally
    -used leads to connect up the left and right audio sockets
    all to no avail.

There is no problem with sound listening to tv or radio or tv recordings.

I have not "pressed standy button ON THE BOX for 8s..." as per trouble shooting as I can't find one. I have done so with the remote's standby button, it had no effect

Please advise
    edited 12 August 2018, 7:42PM
    The Standby button is the Power button, on/off button, call it what you will.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • LukеLukе Posts: 14Member
    edited 12 August 2018, 7:54PM
    -used leads to connect up the left and right audio sockets
    Please advise
    Try that again but at the same time also disconnect the HDMI lead.  On my similarly afflicted DTR-T2100 connecting with SCART only brings back radio playback sound reliably if the HDMI is also disconnected, RCA leads would be the same.
  • Roy Posts: 14,034Member
    7:42PM edited 7:42PM

Yes I know but Troubleshooting section specifically refers to the one  "...on the box..." Where?
    the only one I can find , and therefore tried, is on the remote.

• Lukе Posts: 13Member
    7:52PM edited 7:54PM
    Thanks Luke, didn't work. So I plugged the hdmi back in , there was what I'll describe as a 'thunk' as though something had dropped out / off and volume came back. Unsure of the source I disconnected RCA leads and volume remained. Can;t see / identify anything loose , so fingers crossed.
    Using your method presumably rules out doing anything simultaneous with the box? eg I usually listen to the Sunday play whilst scanning the epg and booking the coming week's recordings.
     I've just had a thought - I detached hdmi from the box only, In case of recurrence which end / ends do you detach?

edited 12 August 2018, 10:10PM
    Roy Posts: 14,034Member
    7:42PM edited 7:42PM

Yes I know but Troubleshooting section specifically refers to the one  "...on the box..." Where?
    the only one I can find , and therefore tried, is on the remote.

On the T2000, it is a little raised area on the far left of the fascia, under the word Humax.

It lights up when you switch the box on.

https://goo.gl/images/L3AzBL

• And it's gone again. No go with completely detaching hdmi
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 721Member ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2018, 12:19PM

This is as known issue that I think is being worked on at the moment. @Sarah should be able to update you on this. Mean time you can catch up on what others have tried in this thread.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton