[Discussion] Humax retail software update 31.56.10

2»

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,201Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 September 2018, 11:42AM
    Visionman said:
    The BBC deploy this technology Roy.
    Well, I wanted to record Bodyguard last night, and the EPG was positioned on BBC1 SD, so I chose the programme, and got the option Series or Episode? And that was all. So I had to knock off the recording, scroll to 101, rinse and repeat.

Know what I think? Sure, the BBC deploy the technology that says there is the HD alternative, and if they didn’t, then YouView wouldn’t be able to offer it.

But while the BBC deploy it, and YouView use it on the Action Panel, YouView don’t use it when you are setting Recordings.

So this omission, in these circumstances, is entirely down to YouView.

Unless you know different?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,201Member ✭✭✭
    Artificer said:
    Correction:  In my comment of 30 August above read "update was not put through its paces" - unfortunately the word "not" was omitted.
    I thought you had missed the ‘not’ at the time, but funnily enough, you were right then anyway. All releases get put through their paces, both by YouView testers and by external user testers.

But while Sarah has suggested that what you saw may be expected, if slightly confusing, behaviour, bugs, like the silent radio recordings behaviour that many people have seen, nevertheless do get out into general releases, with the best will in the world.

But rest assured that if Whispering Bob had stopped whispering for me, and fallen silent, this nugget of info would have winged its way back to YouView Towers....
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • jbscojbsco Posts: 8Member
    Sarah said:
    Hi @jbsco

For recordings this is expected behaviour, when watching a recording you will get the option to lock the recording so it cannot be deleted until it's unlocked (unless you do a factory reset).

For Sun, Sea and Selling Houses, as it was on live when you were checking the guide, you only had the option of Watch Live which then launches the programme from the Action Panel. Now this programme has broadcast, you have the options to Watch on Demand and Add to MyTV.
    As not all programmes will show up in the player straight away after broadcasting, it can take a bit of time for the Add to MyTV and Watch on Demand options to show up in the Action Panel. The option to add to MyTV is currently only available for On Demand content. 

Discover will show you content which has already aired so the content there will be available for you to add to MyTV and also see any other episodes which are also available on demand. Discover and Watch List were launched together as they compliment one another in that you can look for content to watch in Discover and then add anything which takes your interest into your Watch List. 

There are generally more Action Panel options when the programme is not live than there are when they are live.

I can find out if More Episodes is something which is supposed to show up on live, the Guide and in places like Discover or if it's currently just limited to Discover. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi @Sarah ;
    I believe you may have misread
    I have the Humax Box and a Sony TV with Youview. The Humax is not showing the amount of actions available, which I am getting on my Sony TV, for the same programmes.

Sony TV: The Action Panel on live TV has more episodes, where this is available on now and next, and in the guide (from channels offering on demand)

Humax Box: the Action Panel on live tv now/next or guide missing the actions in the action panel displayed for the same programmes on the Sony TV

Why is the Humax missing so much information.
    Can you help me out?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 838Administrator admin
    jbsco said:
    Sarah said:
    Hi @jbsco

For recordings this is expected behaviour, when watching a recording you will get the option to lock the recording so it cannot be deleted until it's unlocked (unless you do a factory reset).

For Sun, Sea and Selling Houses, as it was on live when you were checking the guide, you only had the option of Watch Live which then launches the programme from the Action Panel. Now this programme has broadcast, you have the options to Watch on Demand and Add to MyTV.
    As not all programmes will show up in the player straight away after broadcasting, it can take a bit of time for the Add to MyTV and Watch on Demand options to show up in the Action Panel. The option to add to MyTV is currently only available for On Demand content. 

Discover will show you content which has already aired so the content there will be available for you to add to MyTV and also see any other episodes which are also available on demand. Discover and Watch List were launched together as they compliment one another in that you can look for content to watch in Discover and then add anything which takes your interest into your Watch List. 

There are generally more Action Panel options when the programme is not live than there are when they are live.

I can find out if More Episodes is something which is supposed to show up on live, the Guide and in places like Discover or if it's currently just limited to Discover. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi @Sarah ;
    I believe you may have misread
    I have the Humax Box and a Sony TV with Youview. The Humax is not showing the amount of actions available, which I am getting on my Sony TV, for the same programmes.

Sony TV: The Action Panel on live TV has more episodes, where this is available on now and next, and in the guide (from channels offering on demand)

Humax Box: the Action Panel on live tv now/next or guide missing the actions in the action panel displayed for the same programmes on the Sony TV

Why is the Humax missing so much information.
    Can you help me out?
    Hi @jbsco

Apologies for misreading what you wrote. 

Sony TVs have different UI, features and software to the Youview boxes. Sony TVs use the old gen UI whilst Youview boxes are on next gen. Due to this, the Sony TVs have different actions available in the Action Panel to what is on the Youview boxes.

We are always looking at ways to improve the YV feature set and there may be more actions added to the Action Panels in the future on the YV boxes. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • SarahSarah Posts: 838Administrator admin
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the 31.62.10 update which contains the Radio Recordings fix is now available for Humax T2000 devices. If your box hasn't updated yet, it should update automatically over the next few days. 

If you have any feedback or questions about this update, please drop a message into the Discussion thread here :)

Thanks,
    Sarah
2»