Channel 4 player

I have to sign in each and everytime I wish to use this player, also it often gets stuck if it runs to the end of a program causing my box to reboot as opposed to just showing the next episode. Is anyone else having this issue, does anyone know how to resolve it? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    I have to sign in each and everytime I wish to use this player, also it often gets stuck if it runs to the end of a program causing my box to reboot as opposed to just showing the next episode. Is anyone else having this issue, does anyone know how to resolve it? 
    Hi @Katieelizabethdonne and welcome to the Community!

I haven’t see any other reports of anything of this severity. Can you tell us which box you have exactly (Settings/Device Information/Manufacturer, Model, Variant) and what software version it is on (Settings/Software Information/Manufacturer Software)?

Also, are you on subscription currently with BT TV or TalkTalk?

While on that last page, can you please try Update software, and also Update players & apps, to see if anything changes or improves?

Another thing you could try is a soft reset; while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button or ring (depending on which box you have) for just over 8 seconds until the box reboots.

This clears a lot of ills with these boxes, without losing any Settings or recordings you may have.

Please do let us know if this works for you or not; and if not, we have some more drastic things to try, while still keeping your recordings intact.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • SarahSarah Posts: 869Administrator admin
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum :) 

If you could provide some further details regarding your YouView box and possible subscription as Roy suggested above it'd be helpful for us to know. 

The All4 player should keep you signed in once you've created an account and logged in unless you chose otherwise. Factory resets to the box can also cause you to need to log in again when you launch the app. We've not had any other users reporting this issue so it'd be good if you could also do the steps Roy mentioned above regarding Player & App updates and a soft reset and let us know if the issue is still occurring. 

Thanks,
    Sarah