Youview tv signal

lorneylulorneylu Posts: 8Member
edited 5 August 2018, 8:07PM in Support
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. 
Bedroom talk talk box is picking up all channels no problems- 
living room - the Ariel comes through a booster box in bedroom: 
Youview box is only retuning finding 40 odd channels not including any of the bbc, Dave, pick etc etc 
 however our original free view box is picking up bbc for example on retuning? How is this possible using same Ariel / other leads? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    Try the living room YouView box in the bedroom, temporarily replacing the bedroom box, and see how many channels this then tunes in.

But if I remember aright, this is the box that spews so much **** onto the mains that it blows the upstairs box’s PLA connection clean away, so I think expecting it to work properly is a potentially large ask.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • lorneylulorneylu Posts: 8Member
    WiFi bridge sorted internet connection to box as replacement power adapters that talk talk sent was wireless enabled was interfering with signal in bedroom, got a WiFi bridge problem went away straight away! 
    when retuned in the bedroom picks up 130 channels no problems. 
    Take it downstairs, pixelation or does not pick a channel up! 
    I don’t get how the same Ariel lead does not tune the same channels in the same room? It’s makes no sense! 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    lorneylu said:
    WiFi bridge sorted internet connection to box as replacement power adapters that talk talk sent was wireless enabled was interfering with signal in bedroom, got a WiFi bridge problem went away straight away! 
    when retuned in the bedroom picks up 130 channels no problems. 
    Take it downstairs, pixelation or does not pick a channel up! 
    I don’t get how the same aerial lead does not tune the same channels in the same room? It’s makes no sense! 
    Hi @lorneylu

Can we get a few facts straight?

You have a YouView box, model not specified to us, in the bedroom, which tunes in a number of channels, also not specified to us, but that you find satisfactory.

You have a YouView box, model also not specified to us, in the living room, which when placed on the aerial connection in the bedroom, tunes in 130 channels.

Which may or may not be the same number that the bedroom box, which may or may not be the same model, tunes in.

Assuming the bedroom YouView box normally tunes 130 channels, just like you describe the downstairs one as doing when you put it on the bedroom aerial connection, then you do have the same aerial lead tuning the same channels in the same room here.

And you have to regard the booster box and extra cable connection from the bedroom to the living room as a different aerial lead, and one which probably has the problem.

And in the living room, the Freeview box, make and model also unspecified to us, gets more - or different - channels from the 40 that the living room YouView box gets.

This difference is explained by them being different boxes, with the YouView box needing a stronger signal than Freeview boxes, or TVs, generally do.

What you now need to do is to try the living room YouView box in the bedroom again, but this time on the output of the booster box.

If you get less than 130 channels this time, it shows a problem with the booster box.

But if you get the full 130 again here, then it shows a problem with the aerial cable from the booster box to downstairs.

I suggest you do these tests, and let us know the results, along with providing details of all the unknowns listed above, so we can go from here.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley