Unbelievable

jimbjimb Posts: 997Member ✭✭
After having spent the last week using a T2000, I've just discovered that the remote control also controls my BT T2110.
So that is now completely screwed up.
Thanks Humax.  >:)

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    jimb said:
    After having spent the last week using a T2000, I've just discovered that the remote control also controls my BT T2110.
    So that is now completely screwed up.
    Thanks Humax.  >:)
    Thank YouView; Humax can perfectly well make non-YouView boxes and remotes where you can elect different command sets if you have more than one of them.

But I’m surprised that this issue hasn’t crossed your radar before; search the forum for ‘black cloth’  :p
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • jimbjimb Posts: 997Member ✭✭
    @Roy I knew about the black cloth thing, but I just thought it was about controlling two similar boxes.
    It never dawned on me that I would need it for the T2000 and T2110 .
    A huge chunk of my recordings on the T2110 have disappeared.

On the plus side I can now use the BT remote control which I prefer, and it does a few things that the T2000 one doesn't.

The above discovery also makes me even more irritated by this.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,915Member ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't going to help, so this is just an explanation as to why it is the way it is -
    All YouView kit is designed to be universally interchangeable no matter what the make and model. Similar to the fact any box will work on any ISPs line. Though sorry you lost your recordings.
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,192Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 August 2018, 9:07PM
    Visionman said:
    All YouView kit is designed to be universally interchangeable no matter what the make and model.
    YouView remotes could be both interchangeable and have the ability to control more than one box @Visionman :).
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,915Member ✭✭✭
    @jonesh you may have worded that wrongly as they already do.
    I see what you mean, @Visionman. My statement is is incomplete. I mean the ability to control more than one box in the same room without one interfering with the other. If you have two or more boxes, you would nominate them on the remote as box one, two, etc.
    I don't understand any of this. My TalkTalk remote doesn't control my T2000 or my T2110. 
    jimb said:
    My TalkTalk remote doesn't control my T2000 or my T2110. 
    There isn't a "one remote controls both boxes" problem if the boxes are a Huawei and a Humax.
    jonesh said:
    jimb said:
    My TalkTalk remote doesn't control my T2000 or my T2110. 
    There isn't a "one remote controls both boxes" problem if the boxes are a Huawei and a Humax.
    I get that.  >:)