Racing UK via red button not working

Dnoo69Dnoo69 Posts: 10Member
edited 9 August 2018, 12:35PM in Support
Racing uk via red button dosent work
Have to keep doing factory reset then when the box next turns off it stops working again.
Only black screen but there is sound.
Or red button just says error.
Also says sorry device not compatible but clearly is as was working before..

Comments

• Dnoo69Dnoo69 Posts: 10Member
    Racing uk via red button dosent work
    Have to keep doing factory reset then when the box next turns off it stops working again.
    Only black screen but there is sound.
    Or red button just says error.
    Also says sorry device not compatible but clearly is as was working before..
    Any help would be hugely appreciated 👍 
  • SarahSarah Posts: 869Administrator admin
    Hi @Dnoo69

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you let me know which YouView box you are using and the software version it's currently running? If you're not sure which one it is, just press Help and then Info on your remote control. Please also let me know if you're connected to the internet via Ethernet or Powerline Adaptors.

Do any error messages or error codes come up when it errors like you mention? If you are able to provide any pictures of the screens you see when this occurs it'd be helpful for us to look at.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi
    Powerline adapters 
    Red button just says error when pressed. Or was coming on with sound but black screen. Now just says device not compatible! 
    Thanks for the information @Dnoo69

You mentioned before that you did a factory reset, was this the one which deletes your recordings? This usually fixes most quirks which pop up on the box from time to time which suggests that the problem lies in another area. 

We've tested this on our end across a few boxes and have not been able to replicate it. Can you please confirm the channel number you are using to access Racing UK? Can you also take a picture where it says device not compatible so we can see what's going on when this happens? 

Please also let us know the Software version your box is running. You can find this through your Settings > Software Information > Manufacturer software.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi factory reset just wipes everything and starts everything again from scratch like channel tuning and full setup.
    Channel 261
    Latest software version. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,915Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 August 2018, 9:28PM
    I get the message 'To view channel wait for red button then press RED. Device must be connected to the internet'. And then I connect and get it. Humax T2000.
    Have you tried rebooting your router and powerlines?
    Hello 👋 
    Even when it was working, it would only work until next time the box was turned off (usually automatically) 
    Had to keep doing factory reset. 
    Or if it did work i only got black screen but there is sound.
    Or red button just says error when pressed. 
    All so strange and frustrating! Thanks for the comments 👍
    edited 9 August 2018, 11:16PM
    Whats the specific make and model of your TV? Because not all are compatible with these Freeview interactive service channels (which have also been known to be called data channels).
    Wouldn't have ever worked at all though would it? Thanks again. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Whats the specific make and model of your TV? Because not all are compatible with these Freeview interactive service channels (which have also been known to be called data channels).
    You think the TV might have some idea what is coming up the HDMI connection, and take against it?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Hi @Dnoo69

Can you try the following to see if it it helps at all:
    • Powered the box on and have it still tuned to racing UK
    • Tune to another channel
    • Then tune back to Racing UK - You should get the message to press the Red Button
    • Launch the red button
    Let us know if this changes it and allows it to launch without any errors or compatibility messages.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hello. No just does the same
    Makes no difference. 
    Dnoo69 said:
    Hello. No just does the same
    Makes no difference. 
    Thanks @Dnoo69, that information is helpful to know. Our team are currently investigating this a bit further to find out what could cause this to be happening so I'll update you once I know more. 
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thank you very much 👍
    edited 10 August 2018, 5:13PM
    Sarah said:
    Thanks for the information @Dnoo69

You mentioned before that you did a factory reset, was this the one which deletes your recordings? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    You can’t get all that many recordings on a DN360T  :p

But Racing UK works fine on my Humax T2000, FWIW.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Hi @Dnoo69
    Can you please try using the Red Button on the following Red Button channels:
    • Sonlife (SBN)  on LCN 263
    • RT on LCN 234 (should see at top right a red button ”RT Doc” icon)
    • Loveworld on LCN 270
    • Juwelo on LCN 271
    It'd be helpful to know if they bring up the same issues or if they work fine.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 10 August 2018, 6:40PM
    Hello
    Thank you. 
    Too frustrating so connected up old sky magic eye for upstairs now. (youview is just what we have upstairs)
    Thanks for all the help but was banging my head against a brick wall. 
    edited 10 August 2018, 9:03PM
    @Dnoo69
    I'm not aware a SKY magic eye will work with a YouView. But as you haven't answered any of the questions that have been asked of you on this thread that obviously makes it difficult to help.
    As Sarah asked - 
    Please try using the Red Button on the following channels:
    • Sonlife (SBN)  on channel 263
    • RT on channel 234 (should see at top right a red button ”RT Doc” icon)
    • Loveworld on channel 270
    • Juwelo on channel 271
    Do they work? Or fail like Racing UK?
    edited 10 August 2018, 10:32PM

I preferred your second JPEG. 
    Dnoo69 said:
    Hello
    Thank you. 
    Too frustrating so connected up old sky magic eye for upstairs now. (youview is just what we have upstairs)
    Thanks for all the help but was banging my head against a brick wall. 
    Hi @Dnoo69
    We're sorry to hear that. If you are back on your YouView box and have the same issue, please let me know the answers to my previous questions as this will help us in identifying what is causing this problem. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,859Member ✭✭
    I actually subscribe to this chabbch and have had zero problems it works fine have you actually reported your troubles to racing UK because it could be there having issues in one transmitter area or are having issues supplying it to certain broadband providers.