False error message

DGKK100DGKK100 Posts: 7Member
I am getting a false error message IPC6023 saying my broadband speed is to slow. I have checked with youview.com/checker which reports a speed of 70.5mbs which is plenty fast enough. 
Any help or advice will be gratefully received
Dave

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 904Administrator admin
    Hi @DGKK100

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you go through the steps as outlined in this article regarding IPC6023 error messages and let us know if there's any change?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,451Member ✭✭✭
    What are you running the checker on? If a laptop, disable its WiFi, and plug the Ethernet cable that  normally goes to the YouView box into it, and measure again. Perhaps you have a cable fault.....

A soft reset on the box wouldn’t hurt, either. While not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby Button (or ring for the T1000) for just over 8 seconds until the box reboots. All settings, recordings, etc., will be preserved safely.
    But transient bugs, such as might be crippling your broadband, get squashed.

If still no improvement come back and tell us a few useful things more, like what model box it is, who your ISP is, if you have a BT TV or TalkTalk subscription, and how your box is connected to your router; direct cable, Powerline adapters, or even WiFi adapters.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • DGKK100DGKK100 Posts: 7Member
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the advice. I have run through all the steps as outlined regarding IPC6023 , everything checks out. I have also done the 8 sec reset with no results. I am with BT for broadband and tv I am using the home hub 6 and on 70 mbs infinity fibre. all other devices on the network work fine. The box is connected by cable (which is new and has been checked) into a power line extender which has also been checked. I can connect and use other devices with the extender without any problems . The box as only been running a few weeks and was installed by BT themselves. The TV is a brand new Sony 49" 4k HDR. I don't know what box it is but as it was installed by BT I assume it is the latest.  if you can tell where to find the model number I will take a look but I rather not disconnect the box unless really needed.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Guys
    I have just found the box information, it is a Human DTRT2100, Variant 84B08500.

Last checked for update on 24 Aug 2018
    Last checked for players & apps 24 Aug 2018
    Component software   3.5.74 (bd97c9)
    Manufacturer software  31.28.0.
    Platform configuration  4392
    ISP configuration 21153.
    I hope I have given you enough information and again thank you for any help.
    Dave
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,700Member ✭✭✭
    Multicast TV is a very flaky beast, so the fact that other services are working doesn't really tell us anything I'm afraid. Are you able to temporarily bypass the powerline adapters with a direct ethernet connection between box and router just for testing purposes?
    Hi I must admit I have not tried a direct cable connection with the Router although I have tried  three laptops and they all work using the same cable and extender they all report a good broadband speed above 60 mbs. I have also checked they work using WiFi. We also have two PS4's one of which runs on WiFi using an extender and the other connected via WiFi directly with the router. As said there are no problems with any other device. What I have forgotten to tell you all is that it is not a constant problem. For some reason I must have thought you already knew. :#  It can be at any time,Happen for different lengths of time, for example it has been okay all day today. I have not got a cable long enough to do a direct connection at this time and will need to drill an access hole before it can be done. They are in different rooms. I do apologise for omitting what can be important information. 
    Take care Dave
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,451Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Dave

Have you managed to make a speed check during, or as soon as possible after, getting an IPC6023?

There may be external factors causing real temporary speed reductions, so you need to measure, if you can, when one such is in progress.

For instance, you should see what updating a Garmin satnav in full speed download mode can do to a BBC iPlayer session on the same router  :#
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Hi
    I have checked the speed during the time IPC6023  was showing and it checked out okay.
    While trying to solve the problem I found a way around it by selecting the back option when the error message was showing, selecting a lower channel  then back again to the original channel.  Once this is done the error goes away and the program comes back. It is  okay for a while before the error returns. I feel something is happening within the box itself, I may be wrong of course. I will try the 8 second reset again just in case it didn't reset anything that may be causing the problem.
    Take care Dave
    Hi Guys
    I have tried another 8 second reset but the problem still remains. I know I have found a way around it so I can get my channel back but of course I still lose some of the program and the problem returns a little later. Maybe the way I get around it may in itself provide a clue to what is wrong. It is becoming enough for me to think about changing back to Sky although I rather not, BT TV seems a much better deal and answers my needs if it was not for the problem. I would like to try another box to see if the problem goes away but don't know how to arrange it or to contact.
    Take care Dave
    Hi @DGKK100
    Have you contacted BT about this issue you're experiencing? If there's anything going on with your connection or something else in the mix which could be the cause of these error messages they should be able to look into it in a bit more detail and advise further. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah
    Thanks for your reply, I will contact BT and see if they can help. I can't see a e-mail address for them but there is a chat link I could try. I am a little reluctant to use the chat link because I have a head injury that makes it difficult to converse using this medium. It takes a long time for me to follow and reply which leaves people frustrated  and thinking I am not serious about requiring their help.
    Take care
    Dave
  • John29John29 Posts: 23Member
    Almost always the powerline adapters.
    I had the exact same with a cheap 300Mb pair of BT powerline adapters.

A new set of (expensive) powerline adapters fixed the problem. I couldn't justify the ridiculous cost so returned them.

Setting the box up with a wireless bridge since I've had no such issues.
    I use a TP-Link TL-WA860RE modified with dd-wrt so it doesn't repeat the WiFi signal (client mode).

The flashing of dd-wrt wasn't standard and not for novices but it's a cheap and very effective solution for anyone interested.

If you subscribe to BT TV and call them up they should happily provide you with a free 10m Ethernet cable to use with your YouView Box, which would be a good test to rule out the powerline adapters.
    I'm confident that they are the issue though.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,021Member ✭✭✭
    @DGKK100

Try this link and ask for help from a Mod - https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/bd-p/YouView
    DGKK100 said:
    Hi Sarah
    Thanks for your reply, I will contact BT and see if they can help. I can't see a e-mail address for them but there is a chat link I could try. I am a little reluctant to use the chat link because I have a head injury that makes it difficult to converse using this medium. It takes a long time for me to follow and reply which leaves people frustrated  and thinking I am not serious about requiring their help.
    Take care
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

As this is the case, I'd suggest following @Visionman's advice about about posting on their forum and ask for help from one of their Mods, they usually jump on this pretty quickly when needed :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah