Problem watching live football on BT sport and Sky main event.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 179Member
Hello,
I am facing the following problem with watching live football on BT Sport and Sky sport main event, the problem is that the picture keeps freezing for about 30 seconds then goes black and the following error code appears on the screen ipc6023, then after about 1 min the picure comes back on for 30 seconds then the problem starts again. Have spoke with BT and they have replaced the home hub and have reset everything at their  end but I am still facing the problem, 
any help would be great.
thanks 
Matthew

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,883Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 September 2018, 9:35PM
    An IPC6023 error means you have a bad connection to/with the box. Speed and/or other equipment functioning normally is irrelevant in this circumstance. How is your box connected and have you performed a reboot? 
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 179Member
    Hi I have done a reboot, and the box is connected to power line addpaters, am using BT home hub 6 router.
    hope this helps
    thanks
    matthew
    Hi
    Do you think the YouView box has had it, also sometimes when I switch the youview box on from standby the picture on the screen is completely pink. Have replaced the HDMI cable but still get the problem, but this problem only happens sometimes and without any warning, have done a soft reboot. If swicth the youview box off at the back of the box and back on the problem is gone till the next time. I have DTR 2100 box from BT.
    the box is running the latest software.
    any help would be great.
    thanks
    Matthew

Try this -

Turn the YouView box off. Unplug it from the internet (pull the ethernet cable out) then turn it back on.
    Pull the powerlines from the chain, plug them into a double wall socket and re-pair them. Put them back into your chain and reconnect the ethernet connection to the box. Now reboot the box again. What happens now?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,201Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 September 2018, 8:25AM
    If what Visionman suggests does not fix it - as these steps will have a considerable bearing on the IPC6023, likely originating from the PLAs which BT deprecate in this usage, but which you ought to be able nonetheless to get to work - but possibly not on the pink screens, also try a Maintenance Mode reset.

Choose the instructions for the T2100, as they vary from box to box. I recommend you start with an Option 2, and if all comes back OK with the box Connected, to follow this up with an option 4.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Hi Visionman,
    A big thank you for your help, I followed your instructions, and the problems are gone with the internet channels, have not watched any football yet since I followed your instructions but have watch other sport on BT sport 1 and Sky Sport main event, and the problem did not appear, have watched other internet channels like moves24 and the problem did not appear, will let you know about the football on BT sport 1 and Sky sport main event.
    Thanks again
    matthew
    Hi Roy,
    thanks for getting back to me, have followed your instructions about fixing the pink screen I sometimes I get, so far the problem has not come back.
    Thanks again Roy
    matthew
    Hi Vistionman
    I am watching the football on Sky Sport main event the picture was great for about 15 mins then the problem has started again the picture freezes and  the picture goes off the screen, this problem is happens about every 30 seconds, the other internet are fine, 
    Any more help would be great.
    thanks
    Matthew

Hi Vistionman
    the error code that flash’s up on the screen is ipc6023.
    any help would be great
    thanks
    matthew
    Its probably your powerlines.
    Hi Visionman,
    I got power lines replaced but this did not fix the problem, so tonight I phoned BT and got though to there BT vision tv tech support, I was told to switch the powerline addper off at the wall that had the my BT home hub router plug into, and then told to switch the youbox off at the back of the box then switch the powerline addper off that had my youview box plug in, was told to wait 10 seconds then switch the poweline addper that had my router plugged in and wait for the BT home hub to fully boot up, then told to switch the youview box on at the back of the box then switch the powerline addper back on while I was doing this BT was running tests on the line and I was told they had found a network problem on the line and they fixed it, tried BT sport 1 and SKy sport main event and the problem had gone.

Thanks
    Matthew
    Thanks for getting back and glad you got fixed.  :)