Abuse and trolling by PM

redchizredchiz Posts: 4,622Member ✭✭✭
@Sarah I am suffering from this at the moment and while I can see options to report spam, abuse etc. on the forums at large these features seem to be absent from the message area. Something to look at?

Comments

• jimbjimb Posts: 995Member ✭✭
    @redchiz is this just from one person by any chance?
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,622Member ✭✭✭
    I would prefer to be discreet and not go into that at the moment on the public forum.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,201Member ✭✭✭
    I wonder if you can block PMs from certain posters on Vanilla?

If so, it would perhaps be useful for Redchiz to know how.

But if not, this is perhaps a feature it would be desirable for Vanilla to add.

‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 737Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 September 2018, 10:44PM
    There is an ignore list you can add members to, but I'm not sure if this also blocks PM's. @Sarah ?

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,622Member ✭✭✭
    I am not inclined to use the ignore feature, that puts the onus on the victim rather than the perpetrator to control what is happening on the forum.
    edited 13 September 2018, 9:47PM
    @redchiz

I am very inclined to use it; the perpetrators of forum disruption are either bad actors who know perfectly well what they are doing and have no intention of stopping, or they are people with a gross misperception of how they are being received, who have no idea why others would like them to stop.

And since these perpetrators are never going to take the onus on themselves, then if you are never going to take the onus on yourself, you are putting the onus on Sarah, which I don’t think is very chivalrous.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Anaglypta said:
    There is an ignore list you can add members to, but I'm not sure if this also blocks PM's. @Sarah ?

John.
    I am informed it blocks PMs.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 737Member ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    Anaglypta said:

John.
    I am informed it blocks PMs.

Thank you for confirming that @Roy .

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton